New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

I was diagnosed in 2003,RRMS and told by the looks of my MRI's I probably had MS for 10yrs previous to that. I have been on Copaxone since 2003, until this year I have only had a few big relapses and a few small ones. This year I h had 2 back to back. 1st one treated with solumedrol, the 2nd solumedrol didnt have any affect. Looking at IVIG right now.
    I play the guitar and write music, sew, draw and swim.
    Right now I am getting tired of pushing the same rock up the same mountain. Living in Houston TX, means a LOT OF HEAT....its July , I am in my air conditioned office, will go to my airconditioned car and the my airconditioned house. I am sure you all know the drill.
    thanks for listening

welcome!!!! great to have you here! any questions, just ask, someone has advice. as for the heat, same routine here, all ac 24/7. i also live in nw pa. snow 6 months, then spring, summer, and fall, not always in that order! good luck.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

welcome! I was dx'd almost 15 yrs ago....... yes heat is not our friend but A/C surely is!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello LARAINS

I play the guitar and write music, sew, draw and swim.
        We love multi-talented folks here! Welcome to the MS World Forums.

I can relate to your heat woes (although you have it worse for a longer time, being in Texas) It's tough having to stay indoors when there's so much to enjoy outside. I tell people that staying out of the heat is not a comfort issue for me. It's the difference between being able to move my arms and legs, and seeing clearly, or being darn near paralyzed. I'm sure it's difficult for people to understand that. I'm still amazed at how adversely affected my body is in the heat

Anyways, these Forums are beneficial in that people really do understand the many challenges of living with MS. Check out all the various Forums. There is alot of interesting information and shared experiences here at MS World.

Glad you joined us! Let us know how your IVIG treatments go. Best wishes to you

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X