Need feedback on MSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need feedback on MSM

I started MSM today and I feel less pain, but I'm so fogged out I can't talk--robot. The only other pain meds that I have this with are neurontin and klonopin.
    Please share your experiences with MSM and how it works on the body & brain, etc.

I tried this long ago, I didn't notice any benefits but didn't take it that long. If I remember correctly I had to stop it after a few days because it really upset my stomach.

Sorry, I know this probably doesn't help much...

Comment

ROFLMBO, I thought the this said M&M's not MSM.....thought to myself, there cannot be anything healthy about M&M's
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

The chemistry of MSM is such: it is a HUGH molecule and taken orally will be dismantled by the liver. IMO its a waste of money. We see MSM in the joint and think you can simply take a supplement and thats thats! sorry
        Some people swear by it - what ever works, mentally or actually.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Sorry Tara, I only understood "waste of money" in your comment, what do you mean by HUGH molecule? dismantled? mentally or actually?

Ran

Comment

Originally posted by Ranwah View Post
            Sorry Tara, I only understood "waste of money" in your comment, what do you mean by HUGH molecule? dismantled? mentally or actually?

Ran
            Tara probably won't be back for a week or so, so I'll take a crack at your questions.

MSM is such a large molecule that it may pass through the digestive tract before it can be broken down into its component elements and assimilated by the body. It is then dismantled (broken down) in the liver and excreted without doing the body any good.

"Mentally or actually" probably is a reference to the placebo effect.

Hope that helped.

Comment

Thanks,

I am no chemist, but I'd like to understand what makes the MSM molecule considered large?

It's well absorbed and crosses the brain blood barrier, and it's weight is only 94.13g/mol.

Ran

Comment

Originally posted by Ranwah View Post
                Thanks,

I am no chemist, but I'd like to understand what makes the MSM molecule considered large?

It's well absorbed and crosses the brain blood barrier, and it's weight is only 94.13g/mol.

Ran
                I'm not a chemist either, so Tara herself will have to answer this for you. She's the one with the undergraduate degree in Biochemistry and the Master's in Human Nutrition.

Comment

yes MSM is found in the body. However it is produced endogenously; therefore how do we know it is well absorbed? My point was to take it orally (in my opinion) is a waste of money because it may not survive digestion (intact) or liver detoxification.
                  NutritionTara
                  Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X