I guess I am here now for good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am here now for good.

After a 6 - 7 year gap between my husband's last optic neuritis and current numbies, he went to the ER today because the GP's nurse erroneously thought his symptoms were stroke and sent him directly to the ER.

They did a MRI. Five years ago he had one lesion; he now has multiple lesions. Tried getting an appointment with his initial neuro (only had one visit with him) and can't in 'til August 30th! The ER gave him prednisone to take, but from my understanding, it does little...possibly.

My hubby is 39. I am 34 and have rheumatoid arthritis...with 2 year old new knees! It's their anniversary tomorrow! We have a 14 year old son who is a type 1 diabetic. For those keeping score at home...3 people, 3 autoimmune illnesses

Look forward to learning a lot from you all.
    DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
    Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
    DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

Hi there Shandi

My oh my you have a lot on your plate, my dear. God Bless you.

Waiting for an appoint is unnerving to say the least.

Can you get you gp to refer you to a different neuro? Or maybe the ER doctors can. Seems like a long time to wait for an appointment.

Hope everything works out for the best for all of you.

Come back and give us an update please.

Comment

Hello Shandi

Gosh, 3 different autoimmune diseases in a family of 3. What are the chances of that?

We're glad you feel comfortable coming here to share. Hopefully you will benefit from the support and information here at MS World.

If your husband is having symptoms, it might help to call the neuro's office again and explain that he needs to get in sooner. They may give him a cancellation appointment, or even get him in sooner. The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Let us know how things go. Best wishes to you and your family.

PS: Happy 2 year anniversary to your knees

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X