X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here but feels like home!

HEY ALL,
    WELL I AM NOT NORMALLY GOOD AT TALKING ABOUT MYSELF
    BUT THIS PLACE SEEMS TO BRING THAT OUT IN ME! I AM A 44 YR OLD MOTHER OF 2 (GIRLS) THAT WAS DIAGNOSED WITH MS 3 YRS AGO. THE FUNNY THING IS, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH OPTIC NEURITIS WHEN I WAS 23. I WAS PART OF A TREATMENT TRIAL AT JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY HERE IN BALTIMORE. BACK THEN THEY TOLD ME THAT THE LONGER I DID NOT SHOW SIGNS OF HAVING MS, THE MORE LIKELY THAT I WOULD NOT "CONTRACT" IT. NOW 20 YRS LATER IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE HAD "IT" ALL ALONG BUT THE MS HAS BEEN IN REMISSION.

I REALLY HAVE ENJOYED THE SHORT TIME THAT I SPENT IN THE CHAT ROOM, EVERYONE IS SO VERY NICE AND VERY HELPFUL.

I LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING AGAIN SOON.

hi heather and welcome!!! great to have you here as part of our 'family'!!! ask all the questions you have about ms, many here have been thru it. look forward to more from you. good luck.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome

to the forum

Yes this is a friendly place for sure. Great bunch of people always willing to listen and help

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Hello Heather

Welcome to MS World!

Glad to hear you feel comfortable enough here for you to share a little bit about yourself with us

A 20 year remission sounds quite amazing. I'm glad for you that you had those 20 years of not even having to think about MS.

I'm sure you will benefit from the information, support, and the shared experiences of our members living with the challenges of MS. Everyone's input has value

Glad you came aboard!

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

20 years remission?

KoKo-
          Thank you! Personally I don't think that it was in remission for 20 years I was just misdiagnosed all that time, with things like Fibro-RA- and a multitude of other things that just never got better. (hated my old doctors) Their solution for any of the symptoms that I had were to put me on more and more medications to see just how loopy I could get. Thankfully I weaned myself off of them and was lucky enough to not have anything happen that was not able to be worked through. I have had some good days and some bad ones, then the day that the new doctor whom I love told me that I did have MS and wow! Life change, but I personally look at things this way, at this point any day that I can get up and go to work and do my job is a Great day!

I hope to learn and maybe help some others while I am here!

thanks
          Heather

Comment

Hi Heather

Ok - I understand a little better now. You were having crummy symptoms over the years, but they were attributed to other disorders. I guess it wasn't exactly a pleasant 20 year remission

....but I personally look at things this way, at this point any day that I can get up and go to work and do my job is a Great day!
            Wonderful attitude! Try to notice and enjoy all of your abilities each day.

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X