Hello, I'm new and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm new and confused

Hello. I've been reading the posts for a while, but just joined yesterday. I'm a mom of two little kids, married, work full time, 30 years old. Had an MRI a year ago bc of a headache, now I'm told i probably have ms and my neuro wants to start copaxone. In fact, nurse is coming to my house next week to train me on the injections. I've never had any ms like symptoms. Pretty healthy and energetic. Scared of what these drugs might do for me and not convinced that I even need them. Glad I found a place where I can talk about this.

25 years-still confused

I am 48 years old and have had ms since I was approx. 23. I have made it so far "the natural way;" through vitamins/minerals/herbs, ect...and have done really well. But, for the last 3 weeks or so, I have had the worst attack of my life. I would advise you to strongly consider the med's. It's sort of late for me. I just have to pray that I would totally come out of this terrible attack of loss of balance. Has been a nightmare. "Wouldn't want anyone else to have to experience this.

Comment

Hello Confused

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

I'm curious as to why now your neuro thinks you have MS, if you have no symptoms. Is it because of your MRI and bad headache a year ago?

In any case, I'm glad that you are healthy and energetic Especially with 2 little ones and a full time job.

I'm sure you'll benefit from the information and support here.

Keep us informed as to how you do with the Copaxone.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome to tlcwrites1 too!

Hello tlcwrites1

Sorry that you're going through an attack of balance issues. Hopefully you'll come out of it soon.

It's not fun I know. I am also having ataxia/balance issues. I'm having a hard time with the cane for short distances now. I have a 4 wheeled rollator with a seat, but it's too heavy for me to put in the car. So I just bought a super light 3 wheel rollator (9 lbs) I can pick it up easily and put in my car. I was very afraid to even walk to my car before. Now I'm much more confident.

Sorry, back to you Does your neuro know about the flare-up? Maybe it will ease up soon - we can hope.

Let us know how you're doing, ok? I'm sure you're being very careful moving around. Do you use a mobilty aid? They can be so beneficial for us.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X