Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I'm new here and I "probably" have MS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ibuzz View Post
    I took my first Copaxone injection today and I'm happy to say it went very well. It did feel strange, kind of like a stinging/burning sensation pretty deep under the skin, but it was completely gone after about an hour. There was some redness around the injection site but that also went away after an hour or so. Hopefully it will continue to be that easy! The nurse gave me an autoject and showed me how to use it, but I decided to do it manually. Needles don't bother me and I didn't like the idea of not being able to see what was happening as I injected the medicine. The needle didn't hurt a bit and it really was
    a piece of cake. I feel relieved Thanks again for all the
    support everyone! It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not alone in this, and it really helps to read all of your
    posts.
    Hi ibuzz...I'm glad to hear that everything went so well today. Thanks for sharing. I am also thinking that the manual injections might be easier and I'll feel more in control

How was your copaxone nurse? Was she nice? I called my nurse today to see if we should reschedule next weeks training since I'm going for a second opinion and don't want to take the injection until I talk to the other doctor. I was a little taken back by her response, she said let's keep the appointment bc I'm sure the other dr will concur with the diagnosis. Not sure how she could make that assumption knowing nothing about my situation and the tests I've had and didn't have. I almost want to call shared solutions and ask for another nurse. I was disappointed by her arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by Confused101 View Post
      Hi ibuzz...I'm glad to hear that everything went so well today. Thanks for sharing. I am also thinking that the manual injections might be easier and I'll feel more in control

How was your copaxone nurse? Was she nice? I called my nurse today to see if we should reschedule next weeks training since I'm going for a second opinion and don't want to take the injection until I talk to the other doctor. I was a little taken back by her response, she said let's keep the appointment bc I'm sure the other dr will concur with the diagnosis. Not sure how she could make that assumption knowing nothing about my situation and the tests I've had and didn't have. I almost want to call shared solutions and ask for another nurse. I was disappointed by her arrogance.
      My nurse was really nice but she wasn't from Shared Solutions, she was part of my neurology team. They have a whole MS department there and they do everything in the same building (MRIs, spinal taps, training, etc.).

When is your appointment for the second opinion? I didn't hear the conversation so I could be wrong, but maybe her thoughts are that it's best to start treatment as early as possible and that's why she doesn't want to postpone the training? If the other dr. ends up telling you that you don't need to be on treatment, you can always stop taking it. I think most dr.'s tend to err on the side of caution and treat even though they're not 100% sure if a patient does have MS, maybe that's what she's thinking. Did she sound rude over the phone?

Comment

Working...
      X