New to the forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forums

I am new here and wanted to say hi and give people a little bit about myself.

I'm 24 years old and the mother of 2 wonderful sons ages 22 months and 8 months old. Love my sons to death even if they do make me go crazy some days.

My oldest was actually with me the day that I had my first onset that lead me through 4 months of doctors trips and waiting to come to my diagnosis. It all started over 2 days worth of severe headaches. I thought that they had subsided and that I was fine when I took my son on his first trip to ChuckECheese. While I was there, my vision started to have problems and I had slight vertigo. (by the way, this is one of the worst places for this to happen, although I do look back and laugh over it today thinking about it.)

I managed to safely get us home and the following day I was having double vision. I couldn't drive anywhere so I had someone take me to my primary care physician who couldn't find anything wrong with me. On that note, the following day I went to an eye doctor who sent me in for an MRI due to signs of problems with my right eye. The results showed signs of the possibility of it being MS.

From there, I waited until February for my first trip to the neurologist. When she looked over the disk I brought in she was pretty certain that it was indeed MS but wanted a spinal tap to confirm it. I had the spinal tap on March 18th then got the results on the 22nd. She confirmed that yes it is indeed MS.

Since then, I have had some episodes that have truly terrified me. She wants me to have more tests done but we honestly will have to see what happens as finances are already tight with two babies.

On the plus side to all of this, I am going to meet up with a member of Shared Solutions today to learn how to take my Copaxone that arrived earlier this week. I am hoping it all works out and gets me at least most of the way back to where I was last year this time.

Hello NatalieB

Hope you get relief too.

You have found a great place to meet up with people who understand what you are going through. Lots of wonderful people here who are more than willing to share and listen.

Good luck with your treatments. Please let us know how it goes for you.

Comment

I'm sorry for your diagnosis but glad you were able to see doctors and get Copaxone. It's a great medicine with a 20 year safety record. I've taken it for two years and it works great for me in keeping back new symptoms and relapses.

It takes getting used to the shots but it's a small price to pay for keeping your MS under control. Keep us posted and come back if you ever need support. God bless you.
      Take care, Wiz
      RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

What an adventure! Welcome to the party, even though it is one you wish you didn't go to.
        Bill
        Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

NatalieB, that had to have been a very scary time for you. I am so sorry that it is happening and hope you find some comfort here with others who experience similar issues.
          "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hello Natalie

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

Sorry to learn you've been dealing with vision problems and headaches, and also vertigo. I hope all your symptoms resolve soon so you can get on with taking care of your little boys

Come back and let us know how you do with your Copaxone, and how you're feeling. We're here for you

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X