A bit of good news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of good news...

I had a follow up appointment today with the Eye Doc (Opth.) She was very insistent the last time (about a month ago) that I start steroid injections in the eye. Nope. Wasnt gonna do it. At that time my diagnosis was not confirmed.
    So today she rechecked my vision (optic neuritis) and I significant improvements in my vision!!! Yaya!! I've noticed it myself but wasnt 100% sure if I was right. I've only been on meds for two weeks and wasnt sure what the outcome would be. But this was sooo good to hear. She also said she would back off on the injections and recheck my vision in a month.

It's a small milestone, but it felt so good to get good news for once.
    Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Great news

Happy to hear that your news was good. Hope it continues for you.

Comment

I am sorry that you have the problems Gypsy, so glad they are better. I have had ON 6 times in right eye and 7 times in left and have had a total of 5 opthamologists. I have never had any of them suggest injections in the eye. Not saying it is not appropriate, I am unfamiliar with this therapy for ON. Mine have always said oral steroids. Did your dr. say why injections? Once again, I am not trying to undermine dr. I am just uneducated in this instance.
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

It's a steroid injection into the space around the eye. Apparently it can work much faster than the oral steroids, but the thought of a needle in or aorund my eye...well...no.
        Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

Hello Gypsy

Thanks for sharing the update about your eye improvement.

Let's hope there's continuing improvement for you

Not sure I would want needles in the eyes either...

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Since Optic Neuritis is the nerve behind the eye, not sure why the injections around the eye. Glad it is somewhat better.
            Bill
            Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

yay!!!! good news is great, isn`t it? good for you.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
              X