Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an Inflammatory/Anti-Inflammatory score for foods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an Inflammatory/Anti-Inflammatory score for foods?

It is easy to find list of good and bad inflammatory foods, but I want to know how good or bad recipes ingredients are.
    For example I currently want to make a chili recipe that is anti-inflammatory, I read bell peppers, chilli peppers, garlic, tomatoes, etc or good and beans are bad but have no idea how bad Chili beans or will it balance out to still be anti-inflammatory. Or if I can switch to white or sweet corn or some that is neutral?

I can experiment with stuff like cauliflower and sweet potatoes, but with out a list that say this is -87 inflammatory and that is +199 inflammatory I’m really in the dark.

I’m hoping there a book or web page, or better yet a way to test the inflammatory aspects of foods my self.
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Where did you read Garlic is bad? reason?

Thanks
    Ranwah

Comment

Originally posted by Ranwah View Post

Thanks
      Ranwah
      I think he said garlic is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranwah View Post

Thanks
        Ranwah
        I was saying garlic is good and I would think leeks and onions are also good being they are in the same plant family.
        And I would assume onion and garlic power are good or at least neutral.
        This is one of my source (metabolismadvice.com/anti_inflammatory_food s) one reason I like it because in list herbs & spices, and I have been really getting into spices lately.
        FYI: Penzeys has a great selection and good prices.

According “Direct MS” beans/legumes are bad because the proteins may cause autoimmune reactions, BUT it seems to me that would only happen if you have a leaky gut.

I have strong stomach acid and can eat anything with no problem, so I really think for me leaky gut is not a issue, and wonder if I should be concerned about bad proteins.
        Does anyone have some degree of leaky gut? I have no issue with reducing I have just switch the rice milk, but total elimination seems too drastic.

Anyway back on Chilli, of all the typical chilli ingredients only meat and beans are listed as no-nos for MS and or not inflammatory. I use lean beef or poultry anyway, but beanless chilli!

Comment

As far are beans, I've read that if you soak them overnight, then drain the soaking water then rinse them and cook them well you'll get most of the lectins off (that's how my mom always prepared them).

Ranwah

Comment

I like nutritiondata.com. You can search for any food in the top right hand search box. Click on the one that best matches what you just searched for and see LOTS of info on it, including an inflammation factor.

Comment

WOW! That is a great web site, it is prefect. Big Thanks.

Originally posted by M View Post
              I like nutritiondata.com. You can search for any food in the top right hand search box. Click on the one that best matches what you just searched for and see LOTS of info on it, including an inflammation factor.

I love all the charts I has it makes information much easier to understand. And wow so much information, fullness factor, nutrient balance, protein quality and that is just part of my first glance.

I’m going to have to sign-up so I can start creating recipes, again big thanks!

Comment

I assume your meaning of "bad proteins" is their connection with inflammation?
                That said, the inflammatory proteins are arachidonic acid: animal protein, saturated fat.
                Other inflammatory foods are sugar, hydrogenated oils, highly heated foods, and grains and legumes because of their phytic acid content.
                I haven't checked out nutritiondata.com, but I will. Thanks M
                NutritionTara
                Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
                X