Affordable Cooling Vest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable Cooling Vest?

Living in Vegas gets pretty uncomfortable. I am trying to find an affordable cooling vest, hat, headband, anything.

Maybe I am not looking in the right place? I've tried web-sites such as:
    steelevest, coolingapparel, body cooler and Ebay. These sites want approx. $90-100 per vest!!!

When given paperwork to apply for the MSAA cooling program, I discovered I do not qualify.

Anyone know of a good web-site that sells cooling vests that are cheaper than $95 bucks and actually work? Thanks in advance!!

Heather

I have never tried them, but the Miracool brand ones seem cheap and practical. They work via evaporation, not icepacks. Since the heat in Vegas is dry, they should work well.

I also saw one on ebay for $20.00 new. let me know if you get one.

Comment

Contact MSAA

Originally posted by bhrungo View Post
      Living in Vegas gets pretty uncomfortable. I am trying to find an affordable cooling vest, hat, headband, anything.

Maybe I am not looking in the right place? I've tried web-sites such as:
      steelevest, coolingapparel, body cooler and Ebay. These sites want approx. $90-100 per vest!!!

When given paperwork to apply for the MSAA cooling program, I discovered I do not qualify.

Anyone know of a good web-site that sells cooling vests that are cheaper than $95 bucks and actually work? Thanks in advance!!

Heather
      Try to get in tyouch with the Multiple Sclerosis Association. With a note showing your dx from the doctor you can apply for a Cooling Vest (other MS related necessities also). I got mine from them for FREE. You will likely be able to also.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureHope View Post
        Try to get in tyouch with the Multiple Sclerosis Association. With a note showing your dx from the doctor you can apply for a Cooling Vest (other MS related necessities also). I got mine from them for FREE. You will likely be able to also.
        I did get the paperwork from my doctor for their cooling program, and like I said in my first post, unfortunately I do not qualify for the program. I wish I did. This is why I am searching for an affordable cooling vest.

BigA- Thanks for the info on Ebay, I will look that info up and see if I can get a good deal.

Comment

Working...
        X