Liberation Procedure performed in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberation Procedure performed in Canada

Perhaps this has already been posted, if so, sorry for the repeat.

In April, a man had the CCSVI Liberation Procedure in British Columbia. Of interest to me is that he was in a more progressive phase and has seen improvement in transferring and strength

Google Ann Kingston's article 'Miracle Cure', MacLean's magazine. (Don't like the title though.)
    Laurakim

THANKS!!! I TOO AM PROGRESSIVE AND IT INTERESTS ME TO IMPROVE IN ANY WAY.
    ARE YOU A MEMBER ANYWHERE ELSE? YOU`RE NAME SEEMS FAMILIAR.

DAVE
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Dave,
      No, I don't post anywhere else. Posted at PLM awhile ago and at MSIF years ago.

A friend in Iowa told me that the University of Iowa is in training to do the testing for 'down the road', however long that might be, who knows?

Be well.
      Laurakim

Comment

Really?

I go to the UBC MS clinic where the studies are done out of and I was just told it wasn't through the ethics stage yet. Intested to hear if that is actually true or not.
        Cherry
        Mom to 5
        Dx July/09

Comment

I think it's still going to be a long time before we receive this treatment in Canada. The government is dragging its feet, even though many politicians are fighting for us. In particular, Liberal MP Kirsty Duncan. Check out her website (just google her name) for updates. Email her, and she emails you back. She even phoned me about a month back to assure me she is fighting hard for CCSVI testing and most importantly treatment in Canada.

Comment

Testing available in BC

With a Dr.'s requesition and $1850.00 anyone can get the testing done at AIM Medical MRI. Search it out. They are in Vancouver and are advertising on line. At least a person can find out if they have narrowed veins without having to spend $30,000 and go to Poland.

Comment

Then what? You pay to find out you have CCSVI then you can't be treated in Canada.

Comment

There was an article a week ago in the Edmonton Journal about a girl from Calgary who went to Poland for the treatment, only to find out that her veins weren't closed enough and she didn't qualify for the treatment. I would rather invest the $2000.00 and know for sure, then spend the time and money to go to another country and be dissapponted. Make sense?

Comment

It does make sense. However, this is all still in its infancy. You really have to do your homework and decide what's right for you.
                  Is this centre in BC using MRI/MRV for diagnosis? What criteria are they using for diagnosis? There have been many false negatives with this technique. I'm getting a venogram done for diagnosis, which is the "gold standard" right now, and after considering all options, this will be my first testing.

I don't believe the route I'm taking is perfect. I know the chances of restenosis is really high, and I still cannot be treated in Canada. After weighing all my options, this is what's best for me. I have nothing to lose. I've lost too much in 2 years, and this is a risk I'm willing to take.
                  Good luck to you!

Comment

I just don't get the logic, Stacer

Please don't get me wrong. I hope this CCSVI Treatment is the answer and I hope it works for everyone who gets the treatment done. What I can't wrap my hear around is, if mylin has been destroyed and the brain signals aren't getting through properly, then how can widening the veins be seen as a treatment? Widening the veins doesn't dreplace the mylin. The short circuits are still there.

Comment

if mylin has been destroyed and the brain signals aren't getting through properly, then how can widening the veins be seen as a treatment?
                      I had the same curious question and found a few articles where Dr. Zamboni talks about the CCSVI procedure and how it cannot help an MS patient who is severely disabled or in a wheelchair due to permanent myelin damage. Especially paralysis patients.

Comment

Faith is when you can't understand something but know it is there.

It is up to all of us to question the doctors, call the radiologists and demand that the MS Society work to quickly bring this treatment to the sufferers.

I for one, am not willing to sit around and feel miserable and die at an early age. I owe it to myself, my wife, and most importantly to my infant daughter to speak out for CCSVI and the liberation treatment!

Comment

There is nothing to demand

Read the papers, the treatment doesn't work. Nothing against the government, it isn't up to them. Only 57% of the people with MS have narrowed veins so obviously narrowed veins don't cause MS. Saying that it does is like saying that being female causes MS cause 70% of the people with MS are female. If you suffer from serious headaches and take a painkiller, the headache goes away but there is nothing to say the headache won't come back. Having the narrowed veins fixed and experiencing some sense of relief from this disease is great but know that the veins will eventually close and you will be back to where you were. The Liberation Treatment is just a very expensive Aspirin. This isn't any fault of the government or the drug companies or what ever other conspiracy a person can think of. This is just the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                          X