Any Stephen King fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Stephen King fans?

I love Stephen King from the first book I picked up in Jr high school (many many years ago) til today. I think he is a great writer and has a fantastic sense of humor. I have read just about everything he wrote and have liked all of them. Anyone else out there a fan?

Yes I love stephen king! Granted ive only read one complete book of his (the stand) tho

Comment

well The Stand is a very long book. So glad you liked it.

Comment

Stephen King

Hi, I'm glad to see other Stephen King fans out there! I've read almost all his books too. Is anyone reading any of his books now?

Comment

I have read almost all of his books. The last one I read was "The Dome". Great read! Really makes you think.

Comment

I read "The Dome" when it first came out. I do love reading his books. "Blockade Billy" is a new novella I think is out already, I really haven't looked for it yet. Anyone out there read it yet?

Comment

I have been a huge and long-standing Stephen King fan. I started reading the novels my dad had around the house: started with Carrie and I haven't stopped since.

I just picked up Under the Dome on Saturday at the library and it's looking good! His mind just goes to those creepy places one generally avoids and turns my imagination inside out!

Blessings!
              Biscuit
              Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
              Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

I just finished Under the Dome a few days ago. It was a good read of course. I also just finished Relentless by Dean Koontz.

About 15 years ago I came across the fact that Steven King shared my September 21 Birthday. (As does comedian Bill Murray) AHA!!! I kind of figured that explained my personality - ROFL
                Mis-Diagnosed with Parkinson's for 1 year.
                Now being watched and tested for Neurological Movement Disorder, most likely MS.

Comment

I'll have to check out the Dome, I haven't read any of his newer books.

Last one I read was the last of the dark tower series though, so its been a while. The first 4 books were so good, and there's so much build up, I was really let down by the later 3. They were good, at least in parts anyways, except for book 6 (Song of Suzannah) was pretty much unreadable.

On a side note, has anyone read The Mist? I really liked the movie that came out a few years back and was wondering how close it was to the book.

Comment

I just love Stephen King!!!

HI
                    I have all his books and have read them all and some more than once, he really has always been my favorite author since high school

Comment

Big King Fan

I have his whole collection at home. My favorite is The Stand. I've read that book quite a few times. I haven't liked his more recent things as well though. I was surprised at how small Blockade Billy was.

Comment

i like stephen king a lot - but don't like his really weird stuff - or is anything he writes not weird?

i like the tales he weaves and the character development, but probably mostly the creative premises of his stories. he uses those creative ideas to examine human nature - and i really like that.

i just finished 'Under the Dome' and liked it very much. the size of it was a bit intimidating, but i just started reading and didn't want to put it down.

perhaps my favorite of all time from him is the novella 'the Shawshank Redemption.' and i watch the movie almost everytime it's shown on tv.
                        If i can walk and talk, and see and pee, i'm having a great day!

Comment

Hooked on S. King

I, too, was hooked from the moment I was given the book 'Different Seasons' for Christmas as a young teen....My favorite, though is 'Needful Things'. I have it in hardback and paperback. I have have almost all his books in both hard and paperback versions. The smaller paperbacks are easier to hold than the larger ones. Richard Bachman is his other 'pen name' and I enjoy those as well. I would love to get them in electronic form and and e-reader so I can enjoy them no matter how I'm feeling!
                          The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

Yep,I just fiinshed a book from him ummm,let me think of what it was tho. lol

I cant remember what the name of it was,but it was about aliens. lol imagine that me forgetting something!!

I hardly ever remember what I read.
                            It takes me about two weeks to read a book,one week if it is really good,by the time I get into the next book,ive forgot what I read in the last one.

I also like Dean Koontz,and Nora Roberts. Im reading Blood brothers the sign seven trilogy now. Ive got like 9 more pages then off to the Hallow the second book from the trilogy.
                            RRMS-2007-2012
                            SPMS-2012
                            Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
                            currently on Rebif

Comment

I have been reading Stephen King books since middle school. Just finished Under the Dome and All Dark no Stars. He writing is a bit formulaic and predictable but entertaining nontheless.

Comment

Working...
                              X