Brain shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain shocks

I read "SNOWDROPS" entry on "How long flairs." It prompted a new couple of new questions. Of those who responded are on medication? I was dx'd two years ago and have been on Rebif 44 for a year.

I am in the middle of a flair. I have ON, (permenantly missing upper half of rt. eye.) I have weakness of the legs and can't stand. Each flair has been accompanied by what I have termed "brain shocks." It feels like a rod is being run diagonally through my brain accompanied by and electric shock in one of the hemispheres of my brain.

Usually I get 3 - 5 of these per episode. I have discussed these with my Neuro who seems to blow them off. Yesterday I was driving to the local grocery when I experenced 5 - 8 shocks, one after the other over about 5 sec. I also had blindness in the rt. eye for the same time. By the time I could pull over it was gone.

Any one else on medications still having flairs and brain shocks? My flairs only last 3 to 4 weeks. Guess I'm lucky. J.

I am not taking any medication though the way things are going, it won't be long before I agree to it, the MS hug and the leg pains are getting more difficult to control and the knitting needle pains going through the top of my head are becoming more frequent, though previously, they subsided.

I am finding it hard to tell whether my knitting needles are an ME relapse (had these a lot when the ME was bad) or are related to the MS thing.

Comment

Working...
    X