Liberation Treatment in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing a lot about people going to India for the treatment. Anyone else aware of this? CTV News ran a short story about an Alberta woman who is going and the cost is said to be about $30,000. I have also heard and read about a company that is arranging these trips to India for all kinds of medical procedures. Could this be legit?

a followup on my posting

I searched "ctv news liberation treatment India" and got
    "Calgary woman heading to India for MS treatment. Watched the video and then searched for the medical tourism company. I guess this is available to anyone to try and I hope that somehow we hear the results. The newscast said that 8 people were heading over to India for the treatment and I hope that by posting this, someone will know someone who is doing this and keep us all up to date.

Comment

I had it done in Buffalo for $2000 US. People have had it done in Barrie, Ontario. Vascular surgeon Dr. Mcdonald

Comment

gone to India

i'm one of the 8 pioneers who have gone to India for the Liberation Treatment. I had the treatment just 2 wks ago and am already seeing improvements with: blood circulation-warm hands, a clearer mind, more strength in my hand, which was one of my last symptoms, and a lot less fatigue! Praise the Lord for such an advance in the medical field!

Comment

Poland is offering the treatment and diagnosis for $6900 Euro including hotel and transport, but they are booking into 2011/2012 now.

Bulgaria finally opened its clinic and is $5500 euro + $20euro/night for hotel. They are booking into October/November 2010 right now.

Screening can be done at False Creek Health Centre in Vancouver for $2350 or Westmount Imaging Centre in Montreal for $1250. Both do colour doppler and MR-Venogram using Zamboni's protocol.

You'll need a doctor to fax a requisition.

If you book directly with Poland or Bulgaria, you do not have to be prescreened here as they will redo the tests there anyway. You only need confirmation of your MS diagnosis.

Comment

Glad to see responses

I go to many different sites looking for people that have had the treatment and are willing to post their results. I am thankful for each and everyone of them but I really don't see the results that were shown on the original TV broadcast. Just like the whole stem cell treatment, I am not hearing of any amazing or life changing results. I understand that any improvment is a miracle but I think that the TV show had us all hoping that this was the answer. I know personally, of people that have had one of the other treatment done and have not noticed any improvments. Perhaps a clinical study needs to be done before all this money is wasted on out of the country, questionable procedures. Just trying to be realistic.

57 yr old male
            d'x spms 2005

Comment

I think only 5 people had it done in Barrie and the dr decided to stop (for what reason I am not sure). Last I heard False Creek was shut down from even doing any testing.

The whole thing ROTS!!! There are currently 4 Canadian provinces who provide funding for the drug Tysabri at a cost of over $30,000/year/patient (not to mention ALL of the other MS drugs covered by those provinces ,plus the rest) and they are making such a big fuss over a procedure that is done hundreds of times a day for other reasons (heart, diabetes related, etc). I just do not get it........
              Come play on MY Island....

I thought all I had was CRS and have now been told MS

Comment

We at safemedtrip.com help patients around the world to get Liberation Treatment done in India at an internationally accredited facility and by expert team of doctors in Interventional Neuro-Radiology and Neuromuscular Disorder. These doctors have already started performing Liberation procedure with excellent outcomes as per international standards.

Doctors at these facilities use latest flat panel Biplane DSA (digital subtraction laboratory) that provides ultrahigh resolution (2048 matrix) of cranial (Brain) and spinal blood vessels. This unit is one of the most advanced units installed in this part of the world. The features this technology include Biplane technology, 3D technology and Advanced DynaCT. The facility has
                State of the art- Neuro Interventional Lab with Bi-plan Facility including 3 D Imaging and DynaCT, which is a latest technology.

India has got world class internationally accredited hospitals, board certified doctors, latest technology and the English speaking staff provide highest quality of service. For patients who cannot speak English, we arrange translators for their convenience. India has very good flight connectivity from all over the world.

The best part, the procedure can be done at a much lower cost when compared to USA or European hospitals.

*** Moderator's note - e-mail address removed as per MSWorld guideline #3. Your e-mail address can put in your profile for all registered, logged-in members to see ***

This is a whole new approach for treating the patients with Multiple Sclerosis. In recent days it has become a new hope for millions of Multiple Sclerosis patients across the world. Dr. Paolo Zamboni, a former vascular surgeon and professor at the University of Ferrara in northern Italy developed this procedure while he was trying to understand the underlying causes for the condition which his wife was into, a Multiple Sclerosis patient.

Doctors and hospitals across the world are developing necessary infrastructure and the expertise required to perform this procedure with good outcomes.

In India few of the doctors at Internationally Accredited Hospitals have already started performing this procedure with excellent outcomes as per international standards. These doctors have developed a multidisciplinary approach involving Neurologists, Neuro-Surgeons, Cardiologists, Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons and Interventional Radiologists. The doctors are abreast of latest developments in this field and continuously in touch with the inventors of this procedure. They are continuously monitoring the procedure outcomes of their patients over a period of time.

Why should you choose India?

In India this procedure is done with excellent outcomes by expert team of doctors at Internationally Accredited Hospital at a cost which is much lower than it would cost you in USA, UK or Europe. Indian Hospitals provide you high quality service and compassionate care and has a world class infrastructure. India is well connected with the world by International flights.

How can you get started?

The first step is to determine whether a patient is a good candidate for this medical procedure or not?

All you need to do is to send the following information to us.

1) MRI of the Cervical (neck region )
                2) Doppler Ultrasound of the neck
                3) A general medical status and history

We will show these information to our expert doctors and get a opinion from them to you, totally free of cost.

Do not worry if you do not have the above mentioned medical information readily available with you. We have specially designed evaluation package for this procedure. The evaluation can be done here in India on outpatient basis at much lower cost. Based on the findings of the evaluation further line of action can be taken.

Just write to us at
                *** Moderator's note - e-mail address removed as per MSWorld guideline #3. Your e-mail address can put in your profile for all registered, logged-in members to see ***

for more information and help.

The Procedure

It all started with the Dr. Paolo Zamboni’s search to find out the root cause of debilitating condition of his wife who was suffering with Multiple Sclerosis. After studying many patients suffering from the same condition, he found that that almost all of them had a narrowing, twisting or outright blockage of the veins that are supposed to flush blood from the brain.

Further Dr. Paolo Zamboni found that whichever patient had this condition, had a high level of deposition of Iron in the veins. Lack of free flow of the blood to the brain possibly explaining the symptoms of MS. Now the idea was to open up such blocks and allow the free flow of blood through veins to brain. This is the reason why this procedure is called as Liberation Procedure. This is done in the similar way as it is done in Coronary Balloon procedure. The patient may have single blockage or multiple blockages. Accordingly the treatment is decided.

Comment

Originally posted by korgc35 View Post
                  Hearing a lot about people going to India for the treatment. Anyone else aware of this? CTV News ran a short story about an Alberta woman who is going and the cost is said to be about $30,000. I have also heard and read about a company that is arranging these trips to India for all kinds of medical procedures. Could this be legit?
                  In India this procedure can be done at a much lower cost. For more information you can call

*** Moderator's note - URL removed per site guidelines. You can put the link in your profile for all registered members to see ***

*** Moderator's note - telephone # removed per MS World Guideline #5 ***

Thanks!

Comment

This is for Mayoma

It's been a while since your last post. Would you care to share anymore of the results you've experienced? Hope all is going good.

Comment

was wondering if this so great were are all the people who had it done ? and as far as quick results perhaps there flare up is just ending ? i would like to see the long term results before i have anyone cutting me open , been there done that not fun

Comment

I feel the same, I really want to hear from those fellow ms folks, how they are doing and would like to see a tv follow up on the eight that have already gone.

Comment

new to this place and many unanswered questions

Originally posted by korgc35 View Post
                          Hi everyone..I am new here and live in Thornhill, On. I also go to St. Mikes regularily and have heard of this CCVSI procedure,, does it really work? I was diagnosed in 2006 with relapsing/remitting. Denied it for two years but my symptoms have gotten much worse in the last year. I am very depressed now and lost my job about 1.5 years ago. Am not on any meds because I can't stand the thought of some disgusting chemicals in my body. But do the shots really help? Not sure what to do..Thanks for reading this rambling!!

Comment

about the results

I have just read in the Edmonton Journal, a follow-up on a lady who went to Poland for the treatment. She has feeling back in her feet and can now stand on her own. The article was a little misleading as the lady stated (in the headline) that she expects to someday run a marathon. When a disease has destroyed mylin, I don't understand how widening veins can be seen as a viable treatment. To me this all sounds like a $30,000 aspirin. Didn't cure it, just made it a little easier to handle but for how long?

Comment

Many people have now had the angioplasty done and are sharing their experiences. I've had the chance to hear from many. Some experienced significant improvements, while others only minor improvements. There are many facebook groups and videos on YouTube where people are sharing their before and after videos. Just type in CCSVI.

I am getting it done in 2 weeks, and am optimistic but realistic. If I have a vascular problem, I want it fixed, MS or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X