HYPERACTIVITY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYPERACTIVITY

I have been experiencing hyperactivity; can't sit still Does anyone experience the same and if so, how do you deal with it?
    Thanks.

I don't experience hyperactivity. But since no one else has any thoughts for you, I'll share mine.

Any change in your behavior or general state of being is an indication that something has gone out of balance and requires a medical evaluation.

What to do about hyperactivity depends on what's causing it. For instance, hyperactivity could be caused by a hormonal imbalance, such as from an overactive thyroid or adrenal glands. There are other possibilities, including a few psychiatric conditions. The all have different treatments, so proper identification of the cause is the key. Your doctor can evaluate you and get you on the right track for getting it taken care of.

Comment

I am never hyperactive, so no help here......If I was, I would clean out my stuff that I moved from the old house and prabably do not need but cannot get motivated to do it.

JudySz

Comment

hyperactivity

tienore63--I sometimes feel that way, that's why after losing my job, finding a new one seemed impossible. That is why I applied for SSDI and got it. I now make a list every day of all the things I'd like to do. Lots of times I can't complete something without changing and doing something else. I also excerise--have a Health Rider. That helps me relax. So I "jump" around all the things on my list. Most days I complete everything. Some days not. Good luck
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tlenore63 View Post
          I have been experiencing hyperactivity; can't sit still Does anyone experience the same and if so, how do you deal with it?
          Thanks.
          Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get that way a few times a week.

I just exercise like crazy or clean stuff untill I am exhausted and feel like I am going to pass out.
          Then I sleep for a few hours and then nurse the "hang over" untill I get enough rest.

Comment

I feel that way on prednisone depending on the dose, anxiety can also make me restless,

exercise works if you can, as does trying to calm yourself with relaxation exercises, a warm shower or bath

these are all things IM have used with some success but checking with your doctor is a good idea

hope you find relief soon

stumblebum

Comment

thanks, having problems with ms just now, so thinking is quite a bit slow......... tlenore63

Comment

I have been hyper my whole life which helped in raising a family, going back to college and then working. Now that I am retired, hyper is a little harder to deal with. I, too, make a list of things to do for the day. Sometimes I get them all done-sometimes not. When the weather is crummy and I have a good book, I forget the list and sit down and read. It's great being retired.

I also exercise. I find that it helps me in many ways-such as getting rid of some of the excess energy that I have. I also do yoga on Tuesday and Thursday evenings which also helps tremendously with relaxing and getting of rid of excess energy.

lydialou

Comment

Originally posted by tlenore63 View Post
                  Thanks.
                  I do and I don't seem to be able to turn off. I have to keep moving and if I stop my balance kicks in. I am fine in bed but sitting in my power chair when I stop I feel as if I am going to fall our of it. I discribe it as my nerves inside me scrambling. This has been happening for about 6 months. I am taking lorazapam for my balance and it help my nerves. Started taking low dose of valium when dx with inner ear problem 30 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X