Emergent-C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergent-C

I'm traveling by plane a bunch of times in the next two weeks. Anyone know if I can take Emerge-C while I'm taking Copaxone? I've been on Copaxone for 2years.

When I tried Emergence C I got sick, sick. Never took it again. I was taking Copaxone at the time but never questioned it. I can't even remember exactly what happened, but a lot of supplements and new meds were giving me problems.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I understand that the amount of vitamin C makes lots of people sick. I also found out that vitamins D and B are in Emergenc-C and since I take those supplements it's probably not a good idea to take Emergen-C!

Comment

I was on Copaxone for about 6 years and took Emergen-C often. I didn't have any problems at all. I didn't take it everyday - just for when I needed a pick-up.

This reminds me - today I need a pick-up. I'm heading off to drink one! I love the lemon lime flavor
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I've found that pharmacists have a lot of knowledge about drug interactions. I've called my local pharmacist where I fill my prescriptions about some questions.

However, your Copaxone may come from a specialty pharmacy. That pharmacy likely has a patient support program. I'd call them (you'll probably get a nurse) and ask them that question. I'd request that they find out the answer from a pharmacist.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X