Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplements...what are you taking?

Hello all,

I've been doing some thinking lately and have been considering adding Vitamin K2 and a calcium supplement to the list of the ones a already take. Your thoughts?

Here's a list of what I take on a daily basis;

4000IU VD3 sublingual
    Multi Vitamin
    Omega 3 Sufficiency
    Ubiquinol QH
    Pro Biotic
    Pro B Complex
    B12 1200mcg

I also follow a low fat - Swank guidelines. I eat only whole foods and on average consume 2 cups of veggies per day. I get most of protein from fish or lien poultry. I'm not quite mentally ready to start the OMS diet.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by MrChris View Post
    Hello all,

I've been doing some thinking lately and have been considering adding Vitamin K2 and a calcium supplement to the list of the ones a already take. Your thoughts?

Here's a list of what I take on a daily basis;

4000IU VD3 sublingual
    Multi Vitamin
    Omega 3 Sufficiency
    Ubiquinol QH
    Pro Biotic
    Pro B Complex
    B12 1200mcg

I also follow a low fat - Swank guidelines. I eat only whole foods and on average consume 2 cups of veggies per day. I get most of protein from fish or lien poultry. I'm not quite mentally ready to start the OMS diet.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Buying a couple of hours from Tara on the phone is a great value when searching through the supplement jungle. The item on your list that looks concerning to me would be the multivitamin. It may contain iron.
    Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

MrChris,

I take a few.... the extra D, some extra Calcium and a multi-vit (never knew... is Iron bad...!). And a drop of liquid Kelp daily.

Best thing that Really makes a difference for me... Coconut water, 8 oz or so first thing AM and another 8 after gym or physical exertion. Great hydration for muscles / spasticity.

I always eat right but not diet obsessed because of MS (8 yrs dx).

Jer

Comment

I take:

Vit D3 4000IU
        Multi Vitamin
        Vit C

I also keep my Neuro current on what I'm taking along with any prescriptions he did not provide.

Comment

Hi,
          I take daily:
          5000 IUs Vitamin D
          500 Mg of Ultra Cran
          1200 Mg EPA/DHA/Fish Oils/Borage Oil
          Tissue Salts

Exercise 5 X week
          Use TENs machine on weaker muscles that I have problems with
          Acupuncture X 2 week
          Massage biweekly
          Baclofen for spasticity (but would prefer to get rid of this one)

Good luck!

Comment

This is what I take

Hi Guys and girls,

You can see what I take on my website
            It is work in progress.

What probiotics does anyone take/recommend?

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

Comment

Spasticity

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              MrChris,I take a few.... the extra D, some extra Calcium and a multi-vit (never knew... is Iron bad...!). And a drop of liquid Kelp daily.Best thing that Really makes a difference for me... Coconut water, 8 oz or so first thing AM and another 8 after gym or physical exertion. Great hydration for muscles / spasticity.I always eat right but not diet obsessed because of MS (8 yrs dx).Jer
              Hi- Do you really think coconut water can control spasticity. I am finding that nothing-synaptol/ massage/ physiotherapy/hamstring/quadrcepts stretching is helping me with my lower limbs spasticity?

Comment

Hi,
                I would like to hear more about the coconut water too.?
                Thanks
                Caroline

Comment

I take:
                  Omega 3
                  Vitamin D3 5000 mg (or sometimes 1000 mg)
                  Calcium Magnesium
                  Probiotic
                  Multi-vitamin
                  Curcurmin
                  Lecithin

I used to take a lot more, but I've gone to a kinesiologist a couple of times, and many of the supplements that I took weren't on the list of supplements that I "tested" for. Some of these aren't either, but I just think they are important. And, I've taken some additional supplements for a shorter term, when I "test" for them.
                  Last edited by Mamabug; 08-20-2018, 02:16 PM.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

My Supplements

Hi,

I currently take:

10,000mcg Vitamin B12
                    5000 IU Vitamin D
                    Thrive (Capsules & Drink Mix)

I just started Thrive recently and that's what has made the biggest difference for me. I now have the energy to work out a couple times a day (or play with my daughter in the sunshine) and the motivation to eat healthier.

Hoping we all get the nutrition we need to be at our best!
                    Lindsey

Comment

My neuro had me on 10,000 Vitamin D and Biotin daily last year and I was constantly feeling dizzy, lightheaded and sick.
                      Now I am taking nothing and eating a plant based, whole grain diet and Im feeling more and more normal each day. Not perfect yet, but I really believe this diet is having more success than any medication I've tried. Work with your doctor about supplements, but I believe your diet along with exercise should be able to offer the most help.

Comment

Hi all...

Long time since I posted a response to the OP (2015!). Amazing that this thread is still alive but it is informative, so regarding the coconut water....

I no longer use it as often and still find it effective with regards to hydration as compared to plain water.

Haven't tried the VIT water available these days. Currently use Ensure Plus after workouts (high protein), and yogurt.

My spasticity is worse than 3 years ago regardless of what I do but, a successful workout (to exhaustion or close when I feel right) does help the upper body spasticity ONLY after a few hours rest. Movement is still not fluid but is a bit smoother with greater ROM. Can stay this way for a day, maybe a bit more if I'm lucky. Hope this helps.

Jer

Note; I've been exercising since 49 YO, 9 years pre dx, so I know my limits at 20 years in, and wouldn't recommend the "to exhaustion" to anyone who hasn't' established a relationship with his/her own body.

Comment

Hmmm. Coconut water might interest me. Where do you purchase it, and is it affordable? Water bores me, and I admit I don't drink enough. I often don't feel adequately hydrated.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug,

My trainer has supplied mine. I use Coco Hydro from Big Tree Farms (bigtreefarms.com), there are others available.

Mine ran $13 for about 10 ozs. it contains potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium and a little zink and trace minerals. It is a pure powder that quickly dissolves when dropped in water.

An envelope last quite a while since I use it only on exercise days (3-4 days a week).

Good luck!

Jer

Comment

Thanks, Jer. I ordered your brand from Amazon last week. I'll think they should arrive today.

~ Faith
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X