My Toe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Toe...

Went and got a truck load of firewood Saturday and while unloading it today I dropped a log on my big toe. I'm usually running around barefooted whenever I'm at home and it caught me this time. A few little scratches but its all blue under the nail, hurts real good too. Exercise check in might be lacking this week.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Oh ouch! I imagine you'll lose the toe nail, but glad you didn't break anything! Maybe concentrate on arm exercises while you heal.

Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
      Went and got a truck load of firewood Saturday and while unloading it today I dropped a log on my big toe. I'm usually running around barefooted whenever I'm at home and it caught me this time. A few little scratches but its all blue under the nail, hurts real good too. Exercise check in might be lacking this week.
      Ouch! You are mighty brave unloading logs barefooted, Boudreaux.

Hope your toe heals fast!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Ouch! You are mighty brave unloading logs barefooted, Boudreaux.

Hope your toe heals fast!

Take Care
        I was wearing gloves though.

Comment

its all blue under the nail, hurts real good too.
          Ouch! Wishing you fast healing.

I was wearing gloves though.
          LOL!! At least you still have your sense of humor
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Black/blue toes

After a gruelling 13 hour hike up and down a mountain both my big toes turned black. Took a year to shed the nail and grown 2 new ones...
            should get proper fitting hiking boots, maybe ?? Lol

Comment

Sounds bad, but at least it is not another thing MS did to ya! This too shall pass...(LOL about the gloves!).
              Tawanda

Comment

Ohhh! I hope it heals quickly, Boudreaux, and doesn't morph into an additional problem.

I had some major ingrown toenail problems that two doctors claimed came from a toe injury (although I don't recall injuring it). I do stub my toe or drop something on it occasionally; it was probably just something like that and I didn't worry about it. It resulted in months of pain and two outpatient toenail removal surgeries.

I encourage you to try daily (or twice daily) Epsom salt foot soaks while it is healing, and maybe applying lavender essential oil to it daily for awhile.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                  Ohhh! I hope it heals quickly, Boudreaux, and doesn't morph into an additional problem.

I had some major ingrown toenail problems that two doctors claimed came from a toe injury (although I don't recall injuring it). I do stub my toe or drop something on it occasionally; it was probably just something like that and I didn't worry about it. It resulted in months of pain and two outpatient toenail removal surgeries.

I encourage you to try daily (or twice daily) Epsom salt foot soaks while it is healing, and maybe applying lavender essential oil to it daily for awhile.
                  Thanks for the tips.

Comment

You’ve got my sympathy! Just two months ago someone dropped me while I was getting out of the river and I broke my middle toe at the base and the 4th toes is painful and looks like a lollypop. I have been soaking it in hot water and Epsom salts but the lollypop won’t go away.

I think there is something called sausage toe that is incurable. Friday I will go to the bone and joint people in town to see what can be done.

Toes are painful. Very painful. Every nerve ending is alerted. I really hope your toe doesn’t develop complications. The big toe is the most important. A broken or sprained big toe can be very disabling.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
                      You’ve got my sympathy! Just two months ago someone dropped me while I was getting out of the river and I broke my middle toe at the base and the 4th toes is painful and looks like a lollypop. I have been soaking it in hot water and Epsom salts but the lollypop won’t go away.

I think there is something called sausage toe that is incurable. Friday I will go to the bone and joint people in town to see what can be done.

Toes are painful. Very painful. Every nerve ending is alerted. I really hope your toe doesn’t develop complications. The big toe is the most important. A broken or sprained big toe can be very disabling.
                      Pretty sure it's just bruised. I have been getting around pretty good and was actually able to run 6 miles yesterday.... This little cold I have on the other hand has been keeping me up all night with a very persistent cough.

Comment

Pretty sure it's just bruised. I have been getting around pretty good and was actually able to run 6 miles yesterday.... This little cold I have on the other hand has been keeping me up all night with a very persistent cough.
                        Yeah. If it was broken you wouldn’t be able to put weight on it. Sounds like you will be good as new very soon.

Comment

You ran 6 miles on an "off" day? I was proud I went to my little spin class tonight on an "on" day!

Sadly, I recently came to the conclusion that I exercise not so much as to feel good as I do to not feel bad (of course that still makes it worth doing...)!

Good luck beating that cold, Boudreaux
                          Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                            You ran 6 miles on an "off" day? I was proud I went to my little spin class tonight on an "on" day!

Sadly, I recently came to the conclusion that I exercise not so much as to feel good as I do to not feel bad (of course that still makes it worth doing...)!

Good luck beating that cold, Boudreaux
                            Thanks for the well wishes. 6 miles is a good day. When I can, I do, a little bit of pain won't stop me. I actually prefer to accomplish things when I'm not at my best not sure why but I prefer to play hurt. Then again, I'm always hurting...

Comment

Glad the toe isn't holding you back. Congrats on such great runs.
                              Kathy
                              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                              X