Tart cherry juice side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tart cherry juice side effects

I tried the juice for several weeks and thought it really reduced my pain. It seemed to also help some bladder issues. Then I started feeling a little bloated and had looser stools. Has anyone else had this?

Originally posted by nkh18 View Post
    I tried the juice for several weeks and thought it really reduced my pain. It seemed to also help some bladder issues. Then I started feeling a little bloated and had looser stools. Has anyone else had this?
    Hi nkh18

Drinking fruit juices, especially cherry, apple, and prune does that to me too.

I use the CherryFlex Liquid Fruit, which is a delicious syrup. A serving is only 1 teaspoon, and I put it on my yogurt, or just off the spoon. It's a cherry paste plus juice concentrate.

Very easy on my digestive system.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I use it sometimes to help me to fall asleep at night. I use an organic Tart Cherry juice concentrate that I mix with liquid. I purchased it on Amazon.

I'm guessing that it must be a diuretic. I have a hx of overactive bladder, at nighttime, especially. I have some supplements that I take to help with that so I only have to get up once every 4 hours instead of once every two hours. But, I find that I have to limit my tart cherry juice to just a few sips. If I drink too much, then I'm up all night going to the bathroom.

I don't have pain. And, it hasn't caused bloating or loose stools. I was surprised to read that it helped nkh18 with bladder issues, since it seemed to do the opposite for me.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X