Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seated exercise question

Hi all!

I usually use PT as my exercise but my leg's broken so I'm avoiding PT for now. My leg's healed enough for it to bear a little bit of weight but it's nowhere near being healed enough for me to walk or move upright(if that makes sense).

Anyhoo, I've been standing a bit, doing bicycle kicks, stretching, using my little weights a bit and doing seated dancing with my kids, but it's all random stuff when I remember to fit it in.

I feel like I need a routine. Any suggestions?
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Sorry you broke your leg, aitch! I had ankle surgery 3 months ago and when I was able to bear some weight on my foot, I started PT. But before that time, I looked up Spark People seated exercises online and found lots of good videos. They have some good workouts and it was fun to follow along with the videos.

Hope this helps and your leg heals quickly!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Sorry you broke your leg, aitch! I had ankle surgery 3 months ago and when I was able to bear some weight on my foot, I started PT. But before that time, I looked up Spark People seated exercises online and found lots of good videos. They have some good workouts and it was fun to follow along with the videos.

Hope this helps and your leg heals quickly!
      Thanks so much, Seasha. I have some friends who swear by Spark People so I'll check it out.

And it has to be seated because my orthopedist told me to "put a bit of weight on it, but don't walk or overdo it." I really did a number on it. Blerg.
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
      X