Help with fasting diet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with fasting diet.

So I am starting my fasting diet tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice or reliable articles on how to do this? I know that if I google it I will find the one page that talks about eating nothing at all for 4-5 days at a time and knowing myself I would do that.

I think out of all the diets this one will be the best for me since I am never really hungry anymore and there is only so much fruit you can eat before you are sick of it.

I wouldn't jump into extended fasting to fast. There are benefits from abstaining from eating in as little as 12 hours. I personally fast at least 16 a day and feed within the remaining 8 hours. Whatever time i finish eating dinner I'll note, tonight the last thing I ate was at 8:30. I'll have a cup of cammomile tea in a minute and be off to bed. Tomorrow I'll get up at 4:30, start my first of kauphy (black, no cream or sugar) at around 5 and start getting after it. I'll get hungry but simply drink some water and it goes away. Before you know it, its 12:30 and 16 hours has passed, boom.....16 hour fast, done. If I'm not hungry I'll go another hour or 2. Maybe this will be one of my two 24 hour fasts for the week. So thats how I do it. The key is to set goals, start small and challenge yourself to go further. Always pay attention to how you feel, lightheaded or headache, eat something. I also drink 2 bottles of water with a tablespoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar a day. 1 in the morning around 6 o'clock and one around noon.

Good luck, looking foward to following your journey.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

So far today hasn't been terrible with me being hungry. Although I did sleep way to late. Getting up for work tomorrow is going to be very hard. I let myself get spoiled with sleeping in these past two weeks.

I am trying to figure out what would be best to eat during my non fasting hours. I think one of the things I am going to do is make a healthy smoothie. I am going to try to find foods that are anti inflammatory to eat. One of my problems is I hate fish with a passion.

Depending on how I do these first few days I still might give myself a "cheat" day to where I don't follow my diet so strictly. Although I also know last year when I started "dieting" ( and by that I mean not eating at all) I was way to into working out and dieting. I have no idea how I even did this but I was getting over 30,000 steps a day and only having one smoothie.

I think some of it is I had no appetite after stopping smoking (I know most people are the opposite) but I do think it helped a lot for me to have something to focus on.

I am going to have to do this with a trial and error I think. Googling fasting diets is what got me to go down the Dr google rabbit hole yesterday and I want to avoid that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
        So far today hasn't been terrible with me being hungry. Although I did sleep way to late. Getting up for work tomorrow is going to be very hard. I let myself get spoiled with sleeping in these past two weeks.

I am trying to figure out what would be best to eat during my non fasting hours. I think one of the things I am going to do is make a healthy smoothie. I am going to try to find foods that are anti inflammatory to eat. One of my problems is I hate fish with a passion.

Depending on how I do these first few days I still might give myself a "cheat" day to where I don't follow my diet so strictly. Although I also know last year when I started "dieting" ( and by that I mean not eating at all) I was way to into working out and dieting. I have no idea how I even did this but I was getting over 30,000 steps a day and only having one smoothie.

I think some of it is I had no appetite after stopping smoking (I know most people are the opposite) but I do think it helped a lot for me to have something to focus on.

I am going to have to do this with a trial and error I think. Googling fasting diets is what got me to go down the Dr google rabbit hole yesterday and I want to avoid that.
        There's a wealth of information out there on this topic, it's the diet fad of the week. Keep it simple and eat good fuel. Stay away from the sugars and that includes the fruit smoothies, green smoothies however are a great way to get your nutrients in.

Comment

It's a good idea to add Kale to your smoothies for extra nutrients. It's odd but you don't even taste it, good luck with everything and keep us posted.
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
            It's a good idea to add Kale to your smoothies for extra nutrients. It's odd but you don't even taste it, good luck with everything and keep us posted.
            Jen
            Same with spinich.

Comment

So I was reading different ways to go about this and something I found on several sites was that someone would need to lose 15-20% of their body weight for the true benefits to kick in. That can't be true... That would mean we would basically have to not eat for two weeks or for someone already at a perfect weight they would become very underweight.

Has anyone else read anything like that?

Comment

So I was reading different ways to go about this and something I found on several sites was that someone would need to lose 15-20% of their body weight for the true benefits to kick in. That can't be true... That would mean we would basically have to not eat for two weeks or for someone already at a perfect weight they would become very underweight.

Has anyone else read anything like that?
                Don't believe everything you read. Here a study about FMD and the MS model in mice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/

I would also recommend listening to Joe Rogan interview Dr. Rhonda Patrick. It's a long one but worth it (I've listened about 4 times already and will do again).

Moderator's Note: Video edited per guideline #6- These may be put in your profile, or set as your MSWorld Homepage.

Comment

My problem with diets is I get OCD about them. I go to an extreme to make sure I follow it.

Although years ago ( before I found out I had this "lovely" disease) I went on a not eating diet because I wanted to lose weight fast. I got to say I slept better and had more energy than I ever did when I ate normally. I would eat once a day so it wasn't completely not eating , but I tend to go over board when it comes to things and I see this being way worse if fasting is shown to help this disease.

Comment

My problem with diets is I get OCD about them. I go to an extreme to make sure I follow it.

Although years ago ( before I found out I had this "lovely" disease) I went on a not eating diet because I wanted to lose weight fast. I got to say I slept better and had more energy than I ever did when I ate normally. I would eat once a day so it wasn't completely not eating , but I tend to go over board when it comes to things and I see this being way worse if fasting is shown to help this disease.
                    I'm pretty sure being OCD about a diet is ok. As long as you are open to making changes along the way you should be good to go as you learn more you should be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X