Second half of first infusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second half of first infusion

Had the second half of my first infusion last week. No side effects, felt pretty ok afterward. Still feeling ok. Hoping that maybe it will help some of my facial symptoms (I know not what the drug is designed for but a girl can still hope right?)

Doctor will run labs in about 4 months and I will have an MRI at 5 months, prior to next dose. Will talk to my doctor about my levels at that time.

Fingers crossed for an uneventful period until next MRI.
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Originally posted by Boymom123 View Post
    Had the second half of my first infusion last week. No side effects, felt pretty ok afterward. Still feeling ok. Hoping that maybe it will help some of my facial symptoms (I know not what the drug is designed for but a girl can still hope right?)

Doctor will run labs in about 4 months and I will have an MRI at 5 months, prior to next dose. Will talk to my doctor about my levels at that time.

Fingers crossed for an uneventful period until next MRI.
    Sounds good! Thanks for letting us know.

Wishing continued success with your treatment.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

With rituximab we were told that it took approximately 50 days after the initial dosing to reach the maximum kill rate of cd20 cells. After that future doses were to keep it at that level.

I really can't say that I got any symptom improvement from rituximab, but I got stability. Progression seems to have come to a screeching halt allowing my body to spend less time fighting. That has allowed me to make gains in physical therapy that were previously unreachable.

I hope Ocrelizumab serves you well and who can complain about symptom free infusions? I now look forward to my two infusions per year; grateful not to be on daily or even monthly treatment is so nice. I hope in the future you come to appreciate Ocrelizumab like I have come to appreciate rituximab.

I wish you well...

Comment

So glad your infusions went well and no side effects.

I wish you all the best with Ocrevus.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Glad to hear that the infusions seemed to go well for you. I am sure it was a relief for you to get both half's behind you.

Hoping it stabilizes your MS and that you get a bonus with some symptom relief. As you said, not designed for that, but some people have noted this bonus side effect.

Lots of luck to you.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X