Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MS Neuro's in Ontario - Durham region/Toronto

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best MS Neuro's in Ontario - Durham region/Toronto

    Hi there, to start....this website is filled with a wealth of knowledge and support. Such a great site!

    I am in the process of obtaining a dx. My GP feels I have MS - even tho no lesions are present on my MRI. The only thing on my MRI is a small arachnoid cyst on my brain. I am waiting now however for the MRI with dye.

    I am wondering if any of you fellow Canadians are in Ontario and could recommend a good neuro specialized in MS?? I have to agree with my GP...my symptoms seem very much MS and since we have ruled out everything else...

    I just want a dx and then treatment so that I can start to feel better again

    K.

    #2
    I am not sure where u r located, but if you are close to an MS Clinic, might be an idea. Have you been to the MS ONTARIO SITE? My Neuro is in Huntsville, so not sure what good that would be to you?

    Comment


      #3
      I live in Durham region but my neurologist is in North York. He has been great! His name is Dr. Esmail.

      Good luck with your search!

      Comment


        #4
        If you haven't found a neuro yet, Dr. Selchen, who works out of St. Mike's MS Clinic, and also has an office in Mississauga (maybe other offices, not sure).

        I had the pleasure of being treated by him at emerg. at Trillium Hospital in 2005 for the attack that led to the MS diagnosis.

        I also just saw him speak at an MS Society function (last week) about what's new in MS. He has the best bedside manner and is at the helm of new research as he is an MS Specialist.

        Due to my first ON, which occurred in 2003, I had to stay with the neuro who treated me at that time, who is not Dr. Selchen, but also a great neuro. I hope you find your perfect specialist.
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
          If you haven't found a neuro yet, Dr. Selchen, who works out of St. Mike's MS Clinic, and also has an office in Mississauga (maybe other offices, not sure).

          I had the pleasure of being treated by him at emerg. at Trillium Hospital in 2005 for the attack that led to the MS diagnosis.

          I also just saw him speak at an MS Society function (last week) about what's new in MS. He has the best bedside manner and is at the helm of new research as he is an MS Specialist.

          Due to my first ON, which occurred in 2003, I had to stay with the neuro who treated me at that time, who is not Dr. Selchen, but also a great neuro. I hope you find your perfect specialist.

          I also see Dr Selchen and he really is great. He takes the time to explain everything in detail. He knows what he's talking about and he's also very funny. I travel 400k just to see him at St Mikes.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by kellyannoneill View Post
            Hi there, to start....this website is filled with a wealth of knowledge and support. Such a great site!

            I am in the process of obtaining a dx. My GP feels I have MS - even tho no lesions are present on my MRI. The only thing on my MRI is a small arachnoid cyst on my brain. I am waiting now however for the MRI with dye.

            I am wondering if any of you fellow Canadians are in Ontario and could recommend a good neuro specialized in MS?? I have to agree with my GP...my symptoms seem very much MS and since we have ruled out everything else...

            I just want a dx and then treatment so that I can start to feel better again

            K.
            My neurologist is Dr. Liesly Lee at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. He is supposed to be one of the best, but a referral from a GP takes about 9 months - unless you go into the ER (which is what I did).
            Dx RRMS 2008/Avonex 02/2012
            PhD candidate, Epidemiology

            Comment


              #7
              Well for me I am about 45 east of Oshawa. I go to the MS Clinic in Kingston which is a great drive as I do not have to deal with the TO traffic which is a big bonus espeacily if something were to happen where my wife had to drive me.
              Dr Brunett is who I see.

              Good Luck !

              Comment


                #8
                Am hoping to go to Kingston

                Newly diagnosed and live in Cobourg. Am hoping to go to Kingston. Hope the 6 month waiting window doesn't cause too much more damaqge. There was lots of additional lesions on my last MRI which was only 5 months apart (Oct 2011 to Mar 2012).

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ontario good neuro?

                  Hi/ I go to a great neuro, he is in oshawa and i will warn you he is a bit ecctretric but an excellent neur.
                  His name is Dr. Crisp he is in the oshawa clinic. A must see Dr he is to the point, which i like and no bull.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Tammy-Rose,

                    I asked in another post, but just saw this.
                    I am also a patient of Dr. Crisp. He is very eccentric!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      You get to choose your doctors back east? The shortage in every field, specialist or GP's, you don't get to pick at all in BC. That's how bad the shortage is here, especially where I am on Vancouver Island.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Dr Crisp/patient

                        Originally posted by GunnersMama View Post
                        Tammy-Rose,

                        I asked in another post, but just saw this.
                        I am also a patient of Dr. Crisp. He is very eccentric!
                        Hi I would love to chat with you since we have the same nero in common and we are both in ontario. Love to hear from you. Looking forward to hearing from you:

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Commonalities

                          Hi Tammy!

                          I am still going through the process of elimination. Dr. Crisp has referred me to Dr. Bril at Toronto General. She specializes in Neuro-Muscular disorders. So far, my tests have been coming back "normal" (MRI, EVP, NCV, ect.)

                          How do you like Dr. Crisp? I am still not quite sure how to take him! I do like no-nonsense doctors, but he just seems so.....odd as well. My Dr. @ TGH did a MUCH more through and comprehensive Neuro exam on my first visit than he has done over 4 or 5.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hoping to hear from you

                            Hoping to hear from you I Know that it has been a long time,since the last post. How is your treatment going/ I was going to let you know that I am not far from you at all.
                            And would enjoy chatting with someone close by.
                            Look forward to talking to you.
                            Tammy

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by kellyannoneill View Post
                              Hi there, to start....this website is filled with a wealth of knowledge and support. Such a great site!

                              I am in the process of obtaining a dx. My GP feels I have MS - even tho no lesions are present on my MRI. The only thing on my MRI is a small arachnoid cyst on my brain. I am waiting now however for the MRI with dye.

                              I am wondering if any of you fellow Canadians are in Ontario and could recommend a good neuro specialized in MS?? I have to agree with my GP...my symptoms seem very much MS and since we have ruled out everything else...

                              I just want a dx and then treatment so that I can start to feel better again

                              K.
                              Hi, Kelly
                              My message for you is>
                              SOMETIMES I am feeling BETTER THAN BEFORE 2010, the year I was diagn. with MS, recurrent-remissive form.
                              My treatment is Copaxone. I feel no pain, thank you God!, and I'm doing sport - much more than before(swiming, running, cycling, hiking,etc.).
                              I want to transmit you a GOOD RAY of HOPE*!
                              Enjoy this sunny day!!

                              Irina

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X