X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sammy
    replied
    Hi, Littlebelle, Just saying hello from vancouver island just moved here from Winnipeg. Yes our health care system is different from US. Luckily it is free but it definitely is frusterating at times. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• laurasecord
    replied
    I am also fortunate to have a drug plan through my work that covers most of my remaining drug costs.
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• laurasecord
    replied
    If your drug costs are high in relation to your income (ie Rebif) you can apply to the provincial government for the Special Support Program. Your contribution is based on your previous year's income adjusted for size of family. I pay 16% of the cost of my drugs, with the remainder paid by the provincial gov't (Sask.) I think most provinces have something fairly similar.
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• misshayleesmom
    replied
    I'm not working right now, will do daycare in the fall.
    I have no medical coverage.
    Hubby has a back injury so whatever meds he needs is paid through comp.

i know they have trillium for med coverage but you still have to pay a certain percentage.. not sure how much.
    I think it's based on your earnings.

I'm sure that's the route i'll have to go if i ever do go on any type of meds.

Leave a comment:

• littlebelle
    replied
    So my first question is. Since we have all said hello.

I really wish they had not moved this

How do you Canadians with MS pay for the drugs. Does your employment drug plan cover it or is there a place for government assistance and how much do they cover.

Leave a comment:

• littlebelle
    replied
    I guess we need to ask. Maybe there is not a moderator for it. Since they may not have enough already. I think we are all pretty new here. Maybe if I we keep posting a lot one of us can be.

Leave a comment:

• Rushy
    replied
    Hmm Odd that it was moved! There is another one there calling for residents of a US state to respond and it wasnt moved.

Anyhow, glad you started this!

Leave a comment:

• misshayleesmom
    replied
    I don't think our friends from the U.S understand how difficult it is to find a good doctor here.

At least in the states if you don't like the care you're receiving you switch docs.. here if your doc is not doing his/her job you're screwed and they know it.

At least in my case, i feel like he doesn't want to do the extra work to find out what's wrong with me.

It's just frustrating.. mine goes back and forth... MS not MS.. neurological in nature to.. it could be anyting.... to its stress take this anti-depresant...

Leave a comment:

• misshayleesmom
    replied
    Great idea!

How do we do that? I mean a sub-category for us canucks would be great.
    I mean they have one for everything else..

Leave a comment:

• littlebelle
    replied
    Woot you Canadians are helping to keep this thread active.

I looked around the web for a MS site. And this seemed to be the most active and helpful. Though I really wanted a Canadian one. I decided this one because it is so friendly. Maybe the can have a sub category for information needed for Canadians. Oh MS Canadian Site they do have a link to this board

Wonder why in 11 years they do not have one. Maybe they tried and it did not work?

Leave a comment:

• laurasecord
    replied
    I was going to post a reply to this, when suddenly it was moved. After searching, I found it here - I don't normally go on Cafe. Why couldn't this stay on the General Questions?
    I live in Western Canada (Saskatchewan).
    Laura
    Littlebelle, can you call some physio clinics and ask if they have anyone that specializes in MS?

Leave a comment:

• KeepinCool
    replied
    I live in Ottawa, am 52 and diagnosed PPMS in 2004, but I figure it's been around long before that.

I think we're lucky to have the medical system we have, even if it is lacking at times, compared to our neighbours to the south.

Leave a comment:

• Carol
    replied
    Hi Littlebelle!

Vancouver Island here.

C

Leave a comment:

• misshayleesmom
    replied
    I agree, i think it's important too..
    It's not idle chit-chat..it has to do with our health and questions about it.

I never know where to post half the time...

Thanks for trying anyway.

Leave a comment:

• littlebelle
    replied
    Well that is one way to kill a thread move it to cafe.

I am sad because our medical system is different than the US. And it would be really nice to get to know other Canadians and the process you go through for adaptive equipment, disability claims. We also get some different drugs Our drugs trials may be a different time. . Now this thread will die

Because I do not think many check out the cafe.

To me this is not a cafe issue but not sure were it fits. Where is a good place for physio since I have been and they new nothing about MS. ETC.

Oh well it was worth a try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X