This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UBC

In the newspaper ad on it Dr Traboulsee said to wait to apply because it would take them a few months to get funding and all the resources in place to begin the study. But they are doing one. I have an appointment in a couple months with him and intend to ask.

Did you see the article? It was actually very positive. They also have on their nurses line that if you are calling about the ccsvi to call the research line probably because they are getting so many calls.
    Cherry
    Mom to 5
    Dx July/09

Comment

Hi from Toronto

I'm brand new here and I have just started my lurking for information. I was told this afternoon that I most likely have MS, but that this stage they call it CIS.

Can anyone tell me what that is? i was too shell shocked earlier to ask all the questions that are poping in to my head now.

Comment

Calgary, Alberta

New to the forum. I've had two MRI's and am waiting to see the neuroligist. My doctor said the MRI report shows that I likely have MS, but not to panic??!! Now, the long drawnout wait to get into the neuro......could take a few months....argghhhh

Comment

hi

Hopefully not, if so please get on it right away dont settle for drugs off the bat if indeed you need them! Consider a dietary change and some form of detox in order to begin the fight! Good luck!
          Ivan

Comment

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE NUTRITION CHANGE AND DETOX!!...

Comment

Hi there from the Yukon,

New forum member looking to connect with others and keep up to date on the happenings of the MS world.

Little history: Moved to Whitehorse, Yukon in 2002 and was diagnosed with MS in 2003. After living with it for a few years it seems to be RRMS. Overall it is more of an annoyance than life altering but there are times of real struggle and frustrations.
              I used to work in kitchens as a chef but sharp and hot items are not conducive to MS symptoms. I went back to college for Anthropology/Archaeology and spent a few years loving being a student.
              I now work for a fair trade organic coffee roasters part time and enjoy knowing my job helps others in less fortunate places in the world.

I'm looking forward to getting to know others here.

Cheers!

Arthur
              " An eye for an eye; and soon the whole world is blind" -- Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

hello from brampton

my wife just won the MS lottery I'm just looking to get more informed. It is quite the roller coaster as I'm sure you are all well aware of.

Comment

looking for assistance

Good afternoon,
                  My wife has primary progressive MS. I have been trying to connect with Poland, Bulgaria and India to have a CCSVI test performed and the Liberation treatment should she quailfy.I have not been successful in getting any responses. Could someone assist in providing information on any place that is now providing this treatment. We live in Nova Scotia, Canada and are certainly willing to travel.
                  Thanks so much
                  Michael J

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J View Post
                    Good afternoon,
                    My wife has primary progressive MS. I have been trying to connect with Poland, Bulgaria and India to have a CCSVI test performed and the Liberation treatment should she quailfy.I have not been successful in getting any responses. Could someone assist in providing information on any place that is now providing this treatment. We live in Nova Scotia, Canada and are certainly willing to travel.
                    Thanks so much
                    Michael J
                    Hi Mike,

Don't know if this will help but there is a woman in NS that has had the liberation treatment done in Bulgaria. Her name is Maxine Leblanc- David. She is an activist for CCSVI in Nova Scotia. Google her and there might be some info you can use.

There is also a Facebook group: CCSVI in MS for Nova Scotia.

Good luck
                    skeezix
                    dx. rrms Nov/09. Not using DMD's.
                    Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Comment

You can try GME

Originally posted by Michael J View Post
                      Good afternoon,
                      Thanks so much
                      Michael J
                      Hi Michael,
                      You can try contacting GME. One of my doctor friend is an affiliated surgeon with them. You can visit their website by searching for "Global Medical Excellence". I don't remember the exact website but it is probably GME-surgical. They provide a variety of domestic as well as international treatment options across multiple specialties. I heard they have started offering CCSVI treatment at one of the top hospitals in India. I think they also have some tie-up with a US based quality certifying agency to ensure highest quality. They are based somewhere in Los Angeles. My friend who is a plastic surgeon mentioned that they offer lower rates than what you can directly get at Indian hospitals. Let me know if you want to contact my doctor friend!!

I hope this helps!! All the Best!!

Comment

hi Yukon:

I am also new to this forum. Has been involved in counseling of patients. A clinical psychologist by profession. Based out of LA.

Good to know you. Keep in touch.

Originally posted by YukonArthur View Post
                        Hi there from the Yukon,

New forum member looking to connect with others and keep up to date on the happenings of the MS world.

Little history: Moved to Whitehorse, Yukon in 2002 and was diagnosed with MS in 2003. After living with it for a few years it seems to be RRMS. Overall it is more of an annoyance than life altering but there are times of real struggle and frustrations.
                        I used to work in kitchens as a chef but sharp and hot items are not conducive to MS symptoms. I went back to college for Anthropology/Archaeology and spent a few years loving being a student.
                        I now work for a fair trade organic coffee roasters part time and enjoy knowing my job helps others in less fortunate places in the world.

I'm looking forward to getting to know others here.

Cheers!

Arthur

Comment

I'd like to elaborate on this discussion by sharing my perspective.

Comment

Up to 5 times more than some U.S. states.

Ontario residents pay more for some generic drugs than other jurisdictions. Up to 5 times more than some U.S. states.

That's why the government has made changes in order to save you money. Find out more about this on YouTube typing: Fair Drug Prices: Infographic (from the ontariomohltc channel).

Comment

Vancouverite

Hi, I'm from Vancouver, and haven't been on the board in a while, actually a long while...
                              My brother also has MS and just left for Cabo for liberation treatment...I don't know the doc or hospital, but I'm looking forward to hearing from him soon. I am a bit concerned, but he has lost mobility and I haven't so it is easier I think for me to wait for the trials.
                              Has anyone here had it done?

Comment

Ajax

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 38 year old male living in Ajax, ON. Married with 10 month old twins daughters. I work as an IT recruiter.

I was diagnosed in April of this year with remitting-relapsing MS. I have been taking Copaxone injections for 4 weeks now.

I had my first attack in 2006 when I couldn't move my right properly, but at the time my doctor thought in had a compressed disc in my back.

Trying to stay positive and focused on the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X