This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on Ottawa General MS Clinic

If anyone here attends the Ottawa General Hospital MS Clinic, I would love to hear from you. I have questions about the clinic.

Please help!

Carole
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Ottawa General

Hi CaroleL,

I have been to the Ottawa General clinic. How can I help?

KeepinCool

Comment

Thank you for responding KeepinCool,

I have an appointment with a neurologist at the civic. I don't want to see this doctor!

My daughter got a call saying that I was accepted at the General Campus MS clinic, but they haven't yet called me.

I wanted to know if the civic Neuro would have anything to do with this clinic.

Does this clinic do the testing, what other treatments do they have, etc.

If you send me an email I can give you my phone number. It might be easier than typing everything down. It's up to you.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Carole,

I can't seem to find your email. I don't think it's in your profile and I don't/can't use Skype.

If it's here somewhere, point me in the right direction and I'll find it.

KeepinCool

Comment

Sorry! I just saw that but I don't know how to put in in. I'm going through personal options now. You can put the name I have for Skype but send through gmail.

Comment

Hi, I'm not Canadian (wish I was!) but my husband is. I've been to Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, and few towns around all 3 cities. My husband is from Quebec but lived in Ottawa when we met. He moved here to America last year (2012) because of the Angela Chester case. She also married a Canadian but they refused to allow her to move there officially because she had MS. So we didn't even try, and he became a permanent resident here in the US a couple of weeks ago. However, I really wish that I could have moved there. I've always loved the country, and think its better than here!

Comment

We're a "dual" kind of a family too:
                • I grew up in Saskatoon.
                • Met and married a guy from Kansas. Our kids were born and raised in Kansas.
                • Applied for a Canadian citizenship card for both of my kids, before they were 18, to document their dual-citizenship. They both have Canadian Social Insurance cards too, and are eligible to work there.
                • My 23 y.o. daughter met a Canadian from southern Manitoba about 4 years ago, and moved there. They've been married about a year and a half and live in Winnipeg now. She is currently a nursing student at University of Manitoba. She has worked as a head cook on a local rural golf course for the past 3 summers.
                • She has tried, so far unsuccessfully, to talk my 22 y.o. son into moving there. She misses him.
                • I'm still a Canadian citizen; have not changed my citizenship. Have a resident-alien card ("green card").
                • My dad, and my siblings and their families still live in Canada (Saskatoon and Edmonton).
                • My daughter comes "home" to Kansas to visit about twice a year. And, we go to Canada about twice a year too.

~ Faith
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Callling all Canadians here!

Hello, i am also a fellow canadian, i am from Ontario, I live in a small town called Fenelon Falls. I was diagnosed with ms 2 years ago and what a journey it is. i would also love to hear from other people around our area. About your care,medication and how the battle is going. Your thoughts concerns suggestion and any help that we can give each other. Look forward to hearing from all our fellow canadians.

Comment

yea ontario

[QUOTE=Min, The Great;812480]I am also from Barrie, Ontario...

YAY CANADA i am from fenelon falls, which is not too far from you just wanted to say hi. And I am here for you.

Comment

Hi Tammy-Rose,

I am in Little Britain, about 40 mins south of you. I am still in Limbo, have my EMG/NCV next week at Toronto General. Who is you Neuro?

Comment

Hi my name Is Colleen..I live in the welland, Ont, Canada.. So nice to see other Canadians..

Comment

Close by

Originally posted by jery101 View Post
                          Hi my name Is Colleen..I live in the welland, Ont, Canada.. So nice to see other Canadians..
                          Hi Colleen

I'm from Welland as well. I haven't been visiting MSWorld much in recent years, but it is definitely a great resource and community.

Stay inspired!
                          Michelle

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
                          Each smile, each laugh, each tear, is a moment lived.
                          Moments tend to expand when shared.

Comment

New here ...

from eastern Ontario (greater Kingston area) and no diagnosis as of yet.

I've just recently started with ms-like symptoms (facial pain, right-side weakness, memory and speech issues); just had a 2nd mri and would very much like people's opinions about the following ms clinics: Ottawa, Kingston, St. Mikes and McMaster. What are the neurologists like? What is the wait time (I've read here six months -- is that still the norm?), which have good supports and programs? Obviously some are closer than others, but it might be worth the drive.

Additionally, I'm trying to look into the different neurologists --I've read through this (very long!) thread, but wondering if things may have changed. I've already had one misdiagnosis from my first neurologist which has slowed things down and I really want to be sent the right direction next time :-(.

Thank you for any help or advice ... this wasn't the journey I was planning but looking forward to making the best of it :-).

Comment

Nero- Eastern Ontario

Hey! I am from Kingston, Ontario! My journey much like yours currently. I have officially been diagnosed since last fall after five years and two major flare ups. I attend KGH Nero department, Dr. Brunet. He has an amazing team. From the research we did and my family doctor the wait times seem to be the same between Toronto and Ottawa. Google him, he is active in the MS Society and has been involved in a lot of research. We find him to work very well with my family doctor and between the two, I am very comfortable with my treatment plan. I started Copaxone in October, usual drug issues but managing. Hang in there, my email is in my profile if you need more information. Good luck, stay strong.

Comment

Thank you, Kickboxer ...

... for responding! I couldn't find your email -- I would love to message or email you if possible with more questions. Alternating between strong and not-so-much ... :-P.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X