Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great links hoping4acure yes this is what we need on the site
    Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

Hello everyone.

I'm a Canadian also, living in Prince Albert, Sask. I have no been diagnosed with MS, but my doctor has put me in the "possible MS" category, and after a physical on July 26 (apparently to test my neuro functions), I'll be referred to a neurologist. At least that's how I understand it!
      Currently I am taking 1200mg of neurontin a day, and that's it.

Anything else you'd like to know, ask away!

Christine
      Neurontin's for NEUROTIC pain?? Something you're trying to tell me doc???

Comment

Welcome StormySkies. And welcome to the MS rollercoaster ride to get DX. I hope you ride goes smoothly. But if not there are lots on this board that really understand the long DX process.
        Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

Wow in the short time this post has been up we have had 17 Canadian show up. And still waiting to here from more

Comment

Here is a link to MS Society of Canada outlining finacial benefits programs for PWMS. It is a good general overview of programs offering financial benefits and the basic general eligibility requirements.

http://www.msanswers.ca/QuestionView.aspx?L=2&QID=85

I am a little concerned that all our introductions are going to make the resource posts harder to find. Does anyone agree with me? Perhaps we should start a new thread to be stickied with just links that are helpful to our Canadian MSWorld members in securing benefits and services? What do people think?

Comment

Oh my gosh I'm so happy to see a CDN thread! Seriously... I have been so blessed to have exceptional drug status with pharmacare in MB.

I live north of the 55th parallel in northern Manitoba - Thompson to be specific.

I was dx while at school in Vancouver BC and the difference in care from BC to MB constantly suprises me. (it's gotten WORSE!). sure, family doctors will always think I'm crazy and causing all my problems but I'm so happy I was in BC when my symptoms started popping up. I'm positive I would still be suffering/thinking I'm crazy if I had been in northern MB with the same thing.

Did anyone see the article on CBC online a couple weeks ago about the man in Quebec with MS who was dx as insane and committed ten years prior. Now his undiagnosed ms has progressed and he's seeking compensation.

And I'm 23, on Rebif. and RRMS (I'm one of the 'lucky ones' who got an mri within 2 weeks because my neuro thought I had vasculitis). I just got back from vacay but I check this forum almost every day... heh... I dont know anyone else with MS in my town because of the stigma. We dont have a local ms society chapter either.
              Laughter is a medicine with no side effects.
              26 y/o dx with RRMS @ 21. Rebif 44. Amantadine then Modafinal

Comment

I too see the need. I am keeping copies of all links. To give to admin and see if they will put them somewhere.

Comment

I join you all from Vancouver BC! Nice to see a Canadian thread.

Comment

Just to let you all know that the admins on this board are taking our request for a Canadian info forum seriously. Now to get organized with the links LOL. It is a need and they are listening. Thanks admin persons on this board.

Comment

Hi Everyone:
                      I'm just across the lake from Barrie, in Sutton, Ontario. I used to be an active member of the board - but about 3 years ago, my life changed and I don't come back as often as I should.

I've also been off interferons for that length of time, but I'm cautiously considering Tysabri - so I may be back to read up on the latest.

Comment

Hi Canucks!

I have MS, diagnosed 2 years ago and I am still reeling from it. I had just turned 50 , healthy and active as anything, and still find it hard to believe how quickly my life changed. I am now on Rebif and other meds, have not been able to return to work. Overall, doing OK, I guess.

I am from NB. I have a great family doc and I am very happy with the care that I get from my neuro but do not care for her as a person. Very cold and impersonal. Oh well..

My Rebif is completely covered between the province's MS drug program and my Blue Cross coverage. I am very lucky.

I just got approved for CPP disability and that is hard to accept, but I am very happy that I will be getting some $.

Thanks for starting this post

Pam
                        MS Diagnosed Nov/05; Rebif

Comment

To all Canadians

My Daughter found a Canadian site for MS. I have gone there a few times, but I found the interaction on this site much more interesting.

The Canadian site I refer to has other links you can refer to. Must check it out again myself. I'll list the link below.

www.mssociety.ca

Hope you find what you may be looking for here, or maybe you have already tried it.

Sharon
                          I don't have hot flashes, I have power surges.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            I have been away for a few days, and apparently I missed alot! I didn't realize there were so many Canadians - I was feeling kind of lonely. Now I don't have to.

There are a lot of differences in how MS is treated in Canada vs. the US - way more testing in the US.

Laura

Comment

Well that is why I am trying to get a forum going on this board. Because one I checked out all those site and this is far the best

Most supportive, informative, caring, fun, but lacking Canadian content. So since we have quite a few Canadians wouldn't it be nice to just be able to click on this board and get the Canuk stuff eh? ROFL

Thanks for the link. It can be added to our lists of places. I believe that link gives Canadian forums to go to and one link gets you back here Having the MS Society of Canada is a very important link.

Comment

Anyone use new balance running shoes? How do they help and what stores in Canada sell them?

Comment

Working...
                                X