Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome tinkerbelle I see another disney Fan . I play "VMK" Virtual Magic Kingdom have you heard of it. Glad you a moving back to Canada health care is much easier with a chronic disease.

Welcome Carol lots of Vancouverites here.

Wow I am meeting so many.

Thanks Laura for the info on tax deduction. That is a big savings.
    Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

Oh isn't it nice we have a sticky I think it is great. Still working on collecting medical information will not happen over night ROFL. Now more Canadians can find us.
      Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

Hi folks, 45yr old male from the big town of Colborne Ont,diagnosis Jan 2002. I go to the MS Clinic in Kingston, I started on Rebif in 2002 and then switched to Copaxzone in Jan 2005.

Looking forward to the additional Canadian content !! I know we all will have lots of questions and info to share.

thanks, Chapster5

Comment

Hi littlebele,

I too am Canadian, and proud of it. I hail from New Brunswick.

I am 59 and was Dx'd in May of 1989 with Chronic Progressive MS. Not on any meds. prescribed for MS. I'm still doing quite well though considering all.

It sure is nice to hear from other Canadians. I think the treatment of MS in the USA is quite different from ours here .

Don't know why this post was changed to the Cafe either. This seems to be the right place.

Sharon
          I don't have hot flashes, I have power surges.

Comment

Welcome to Canadian Sticky Sharon. Glad you found us. This is a place to post anything Canadian regarding MS. Tip and hints are good too. How to cut the red tape LOL

Comment

Welcome chapter 5. So now we have a chapter 5 and we need to fill out sections 8's so funny

Comment

Hi all,

I live in Port Colborne, ON. Dx'd (officially) in 2001. Currently off DMD's (Copaxone, Rebif and Avonex all caused side effects and/or relapses).

I see a neurologist in Hamilton, On....and he's great....I saw two in this area who were useless....third times the charm!

Symptoms since my early 20's, currently 47. Was RRMS, may be entering SPMS....perhaps this is why the DMD's haven't worked...perhaps my MS was diagnosed too late. I guess my doctors at the time never put two and two together...this is something that bothers me when I see myself getting worse...if only they'd caught it sooner I could have been on Avonex years ago and perhaps prevented progression....I'll never know.

Wishing you all the best....B.

Comment

Hi Aunt B,

Welcome to our little corner.
                  not dx yet but have had sx for 7+ years.

Cindy

When a cow laughs, does milk come up his nose?

Comment

Hello all!

I am from St.Catharines Ontario.

I also looked for a Canadian MS board but didn't have any luck. I have been on Rebif since Feb 2007. I am dx'd RRMS.

Comment

Welcome Aunt B. Reminds me of the one with Opie

I am 43 now and have been going through this maze of tests for 14 months now. I first started having problems in my 20's and was told it was fibro.
                      Then by the time I hit 34 I felt like I was an old lady always tired and not able to move as fast as I would like with walking.

Forward a head to 42 lost the ability to walk and spent 6 days in hospital.

I tested positive for Obands thus my journey into MS began. I have clear MRI's but many neurological problems. And am unable to walk 200 feet without feeling totally exhaustes for the day.

I use a cane and on bad days a walker.
                      Basically I have been told it is MS. But before I start meds cause I am having attacks like every 8 to 9 weeks they want to do genetic testing to have covered every thing possible.

So I know how it feels. Because if this is the case I was having problems for 20 years before I actually got to this spot in my life.

Welcome to our Canadian Sticky.

Comment

Welcome Hoping4acure glad you found us. I am so happy we have a sticky. I thought most Canadian were hiding somewhere on this board. Hopefully I will get my butt in gear and start working on medical info for us Canadians. But if you have any helps and tips please share.

Comment

Welcome Hoping4acure,

Glad you found our little spot.
                          It seems like we have alot of neighbours in this part of Ontario.

Have a nice night
                          Cindy

When a cow laughs, does milk come up his nose?

Comment

this is perfect. its great to be able to share stories and hints based on our system.
                            i'm 36 dx'd in jan 07 i see Dr Hohol at St Mike's in To she's been great very good about filing out the forms and knowledgeable about gov't programs and things. Luckily we have great insurance so I haven't had to apply for help with drugs but she was ready with all the paperwork.I think they should put this as a separate area just like they have for employment and how to deal with the U.S SSDI

Cindy

Comment

Here are some websites regarding Canada Pension Plan Disability I have been reading in preparation for my application:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/oas-cpp/cp...ty/index.shtml

http://www.saskadvocate.com/appeals_manual.htm

http://www.canadabenefits.gc.ca/faec...catid=13&geo=5

http://www.mssociety.ca/bc/PDF/cpp.PDF

Here are some other links that I thought had good information:

http://www.mssociety.ca/bc/PDF/advocacy.PDF

http://www.mssociety.ca/bc/PDF/advocacy.PDF

http://www.mssociety.ca/bc/PDF/human_rights.PDF

This link is about disability insurance in Canada:

http://www.mssociety.ca/bc/PDF/ltd.PDF

I used to complete ODSP forms in my job for physicians and they used to review them and sign off on them. I had a great deal of sucess in getting my clients benefits. If you are applying for Ontario Disability Support benefits and would like to chat I would be happy to help.

I am curious about how many people here have applied for CPP-D and what your experiences have been....

Kim

Comment

Welcome synsyn nice to meet more Canadians. I am too going to St. Mike's. I am seeing doctor O'Connor and Dr. Marriott. Am really close to a MS dx. Was almost there but now we are doing another LP and genetic testing. Since I am one of the people with basically clear MRI's they want to be absolutely sure they have tested for everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X