This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

Have been looking for a Canadian MS site for a while now. Just wanted to say hello. I live in a small town outside of Windsor, Ontario and am a member of the MS Society there. Was diagnosed with MS June 02, 2006. Due to history; Dr. figured I had MS for 20 years before he saw me.
    I am 54 years old. Have been using Copaxone since June 6th, 2006. -3 years today. Spent today in bed due to fatigue. Would like to know if anyone is having success with their daily injections.

Be Well.

Comment

Hey loralee! I live in Windsor! Which small town are you in?

Comment

Hi: I live in Amherstburg - not too far away. LOL

Comment

*waves at loralee

Comment

Hawk

Originally posted by Hawk 44 View Post
            Hi Boondocks I have to visit the clinic in a week for the first time to see Dr. Bhan. I was just wondering what to expect on my initial visit. Thanks for your help!!!
            Sorry Hawk,

I didn't see this until now....much too late I'm sure. How did your appointment go? Where are you living in NS? I'm always available to chat if you like.
            Take care,
            Janice

Comment

Anyone from Westrn Provinices???

Comment

Welcome NRJ!

I'm in BC and I have a friend with MS near Edmonton!

C

Comment

Hey Carol, Didn't know there was someone who lived so close by!! I keep inviting everyone to live here lol.
                  Connie aka Sids

Comment

Hey Connie,

Doesn't get much better, does it? Can't beat our weather (we won't talk about the last couple of winters).

I can't complain about the health care either!

C

Comment

Getting nervous

Hey all - I'm going to the MS clinic next week and starting to feel a bit nervous. I've had issues for the past couple years, several inconclusive tests, MRI's, a negative (horrible) LP, a lousy neurologist and then I gave up. Got a referral to a Neurosurgeon to consider surgery for reoccuring Trigeminal Neuralgia and he said rather bluntly after reviewing my file and a Neuro exam, "I think you need to go to the MS clinic for a full assessment." I think my greatest fear is that I will continue to not know whats wrong with me. Although fortunately or unfortunately depending on your perspective I have been doing awful since the last week in May. I now have numbness and tingling/pain in both my hands. I guess it is always the newness of not knowing what to expect. Fun times... sorry just needed to vent.
                      Cherry
                      Mom to 5
                      Dx July/09

Comment

Hello, I am originaly from NB but am leaving in NS. Just been diagnosed in Feb with benign MS..Am on Rebif..I am thinking to try if I can get LDN..Read on it and quit impressive..

Later:

Comment

New Member living in Ajax

Nice to see so many people in Canada on this website. Have had RRMS since 1998 and been doing very well up until this past year, had 2 relapses since Jan 2009, before that it was once a year. I have been on Avonex all this time and my neuro wants me to make a change to Rebif. Talked to alot of people and they say not to because you could get worse. I don't know, any thoughts from anyone...this is all very confusing again..

Comment

New Member in Newmarket, ON

Hello,
                            I have been living with MS since 1996. Was on Copaxone for 2 years until I decided it was too painful (at the time, I would get injection site swelling due to my ultra sensitive skin) Silly, I know, and now, at 36, I'm starting to realize that perhaps it wasn't the best decision . I haven't seen a neurologist in a decade and my symptoms have worsened (numbness now affecting multiple areas, muscle cramps, cognitive issues etc) Would it make a difference if I went back on medication? All I have read tells me that it seems to work best BEFORE the disease has progressed (from RRMS to what I think now may be SPMS). Please excuse me if this has been answered. I have taken the 'denial' approach to the disease and am only now realizing what an idiot I've been. *smacks forehead*
                            Anyway, nice to see fellow Canadians here.

Comment

SPMS

Hi Nolleez,
                              I'm from Edmonton. I've had MS since 92, progressive since 2000. Personally, I think it's never too late to try and slow the progression. I have to feel I'm proactive in fighting this thing. I'm presently taking Imuran, thinking of switching to LDN.
                              Be well, Laurakim

Comment

Thanks Laurakim. I think I'll ask for a referral to a neurologist at my yearly physical next week. How do they know if the disease has progressed? An MRI?
                                This is so daunting... but my body is demanding I start looking after it.

Comment

Working...
                                X