X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New for me

Hello

This whole message board and chatting thing is new to me. I've been encouraged by my physio to connect with others who are in the same situation.

I have not contacted the local chapter of the ms society - i thought i would this could be just as beneficial.

I have had relapsing remitting ms since 1983. In 2000 the disease progressed to secondary progressive. Was on rebif for 1 1/2 years. Now nothing. Wear an AFO. is there anything better out there? Anyone know about the walk-aide or the dorsi strap? Anyone on the bioms drug that is in clinical trial right now.

I'm from Windsor ON. Open to suggestions.

***Post split into paragraphs for easier reading!***

Comment

Hello Canucks!

I am originally from Ontario (born in Brampton), grew up in Belleville, and since 1996 have lived in Moncton, New Brunswick.

I was diagnosed with RRMS I was diagnosed March 5, 2008. I went several years with symptoms that made everyday life difficult. The earliest I can recall neurological oddities was 2000 when I experienced vision loss for a short period.
      ~Dx 03/08 RRMS~ Copaxone Pew Pew! (My name is Laura!)

Comment

Hi, I live in Bowmanville Ont. About 45 munutes from Toronto.
        My husband has MS, he was DX in 2000.
        Looking for other caregivers around me??

Comment

IN ALBERTA

HEY ALL, IN ALBERTA HERE, BY LLOYDMINSTER.

TASHA

Comment

I just had to butt in and say I LOVE BANCROFT!!!

Spent a weekend there with some friends... when I lived in Ottawa. great town great community.

heh k I'm done now. welcome newbie Canadians
            Laughter is a medicine with no side effects.
            26 y/o dx with RRMS @ 21. Rebif 44. Amantadine then Modafinal

Comment

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada and am currently awaiting an MS diagnosis. Just waiting on the danged MRI, which is taking months!

It's great to "meet" you all!

Comment

Originally posted by valdine View Post
                I just had to butt in and say I LOVE BANCROFT!!!

Spent a weekend there with some friends... when I lived in Ottawa. great town great community.

heh k I'm done now. welcome newbie Canadians
                Bancroft is a small close-knit community for sure!

Hey Sherry, another Maritimer! Welcome

Comment

Only in Canada Eh?

Elmira Ontario here, (near Waterloo).

Well it is soooooo refreshing to speak with other hockey-crazy, snow hating, moose loving peopl

My doctor tells me that MS is very prevalent in Canada and the northern states. Hence the vitamin D factor. He says that fresh fish may be why we don't see more cases of MS with esquimos or othe northern settlers. So now I take vitamin D and keep threatening to eat the fish in our backyard pond.

I have some balance issues and my right-eye is not good. So that means I have to check-out everyone with my left eye. So looking at my wife with my right-eye usually gets me one across the back of the head.....that could explain the soreness.

On the serious stuff, in Ontario, I will say that all the doctors were diligent to find-out what was wrong with me even if it did take two years. I have been examined in more ways than a girl looks at her first diamon.....(can you say cubic zirconia?)

I was on Rebif for a few months but stopped because it was brutal and not making me feel better. I actually feel better not being on anything and taking vitamins.

Well take care and I do look forward to chatting with my fellow Canadians...eh?

Brian

P.S. Beer and bacon anyone?

Comment

Haha, Cadi you crack me up! Great posts

Comment

Hello all canadians!!!!!

Just a little question for all you canadians,do any of you have a real nasty headache when the weather changes?I have been diagnosed for 6 years now and have changed meds once already.Went from copaxone to rebif.I am only taking 22% rebif as it is making me sick every time i take it.i went for a new mri abou a month ago.my family doc read me the results.just 2 new lesions in 6 years not bad,but the largest went from 4 mm to 5 mm and that one is behind my eye.so i have vision problems.On a good note i am walking and that is all i care about lol Any ideas on how to get rid of a headache forward them my way.

Comment

More Canadians Eh?

This is great!

Someone here from Belleville, I lived there.

Another from Hamilton. I spent a week there one night!

Someone else who thinks that someday Toronto will have an NHL team, oops...that's me...

I am so pleased to meet so many fellow Canadians. I guess the isolation I felt for months is now passing as I realize I am not alone.

Our affliction may be the same as our southern cousins, but how we manage it can be very different. So it is good for us to be able to share, Canadian style (no, not over beer and bacon sandwiches....though that does sound good...)

Iteresting to read about the support group experience in Barrie. I attended one in January in Kitchener and it was more depressing than uplifting. In fact those who were there were severely afflicted by MS and it scared me. I accept that we are each affected differently but I am trying to be better and I feared the support group would take me the other way. There highlight was also excersise class. I get that when my wife hands me the garbage. They also had a masseuse once a month. I thought, geez if she's not topless then what's the point! Apparently my wife did not see the humour in that. I discovered other pain, I do not believe it was MS related!

So besides, moose, polar-bear dips and saying eh? alot, we seem to have much in common. So its MS, we shall learn to accept it and live with it, the Canadian way! (we don't complain)

Comment

Headaches?

Well I take it yours are not caused from getting one accross the back of the head when you accidentally notice a person of the opposite sex with a hot bod.....hmmmmm may explain the cold responses at home too.....

This may sound quirkie but my neuro's nurse told me to take coated aspiring twice a day. This has relieved the headaches and also reduces the fatigue. This seems to work for me, but your body will respond in its own way so who knows for sure.

I bought Shopper's Drug-Mart Generic brand coated A.S.A. and it does seem to have some positive results.

Take Care and Good Luck!!!!

Brian

Comment

DMPLAURA

Laura,

Well I am going to guess Laura unless its DM. Donnay May? Debbie Marcie? Dumpy Madam? Oh well.....

I am glad that you enjoyed reading my e-mail. I love to laugh and hence try to make othes smile or even laugh sometimes....(usually if I trip over nothing, always good for a chuckle or two)

You have a refreshing and positive outlook which is so encouraging. I really do enjoy reading your messages and I must say that they are always uplifting. I like feeling uplifted, when I take-out the trash, I view that as uplifting. Or is that lifting-up? Hmmmmm....I think I've been had.

You have a wonderful weekend and keep smiling!!!!

Comment

Hugs Cadi!

I was the one from Belleville.. but I moved in 1996 to the east. I lived there for 14 years .

I try to keep positive! It's the only thing that I can do in my situation. Why be a miserable muck when I can be a little glowing ray of sunshine?

Comment

Oh yeah, my name is Laura. DMP is my online gaming handle. dmplaura is also what I use on Youtube.

Comment

Working...
                                X