X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherrymom
    replied
    Getting nervous

Hey all - I'm going to the MS clinic next week and starting to feel a bit nervous. I've had issues for the past couple years, several inconclusive tests, MRI's, a negative (horrible) LP, a lousy neurologist and then I gave up. Got a referral to a Neurosurgeon to consider surgery for reoccuring Trigeminal Neuralgia and he said rather bluntly after reviewing my file and a Neuro exam, "I think you need to go to the MS clinic for a full assessment." I think my greatest fear is that I will continue to not know whats wrong with me. Although fortunately or unfortunately depending on your perspective I have been doing awful since the last week in May. I now have numbness and tingling/pain in both my hands. I guess it is always the newness of not knowing what to expect. Fun times... sorry just needed to vent.

Leave a comment:

• Carol
    replied
    Hey Connie,

Doesn't get much better, does it? Can't beat our weather (we won't talk about the last couple of winters).

I can't complain about the health care either!

C

Leave a comment:

• sidneygirl
    replied
    Hey Carol, Didn't know there was someone who lived so close by!! I keep inviting everyone to live here lol.
    Connie aka Sids

Leave a comment:

• Carol
    replied
    Welcome NRJ!

I'm in BC and I have a friend with MS near Edmonton!

C

Leave a comment:

• NRJ
    replied
    Anyone from Westrn Provinices???

Leave a comment:

• Boondocks
    replied
    Hawk

Originally posted by Hawk 44 View Post
    Hi Boondocks I have to visit the clinic in a week for the first time to see Dr. Bhan. I was just wondering what to expect on my initial visit. Thanks for your help!!!
    Sorry Hawk,

I didn't see this until now....much too late I'm sure. How did your appointment go? Where are you living in NS? I'm always available to chat if you like.

Leave a comment:

• sillygirl
    replied
    *waves at loralee

Leave a comment:

• loralee
    replied
    Hi: I live in Amherstburg - not too far away. LOL

Leave a comment:

• sillygirl
    replied
    Hey loralee! I live in Windsor! Which small town are you in?

Leave a comment:

• loralee
    replied
    Greetings

Have been looking for a Canadian MS site for a while now. Just wanted to say hello. I live in a small town outside of Windsor, Ontario and am a member of the MS Society there. Was diagnosed with MS June 02, 2006. Due to history; Dr. figured I had MS for 20 years before he saw me.
    I am 54 years old. Have been using Copaxone since June 6th, 2006. -3 years today. Spent today in bed due to fatigue. Would like to know if anyone is having success with their daily injections.

Be Well.

Leave a comment:

• lwalter
    replied
    I live in Sarnia, Ont.

Leave a comment:

• sillygirl
    replied
    Welcome Dennd and everyone! Den, MBP8298 (Dirucotide/?) should be avail soon. The downside is it only works if you have the HLADR2/4 gene. The upside is 75% of MS patients have that (sadly, not me )

Leave a comment:

• dennd
    replied
    fellow Canadien

s dx in 1972 and still walking and am not on any abc drugs yet, there is nothing for secondary progressive yet.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Started a poll here.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1144692#post1144692

~ Faith

Leave a comment:

• albertamom
    replied
    Can you tell from my name where I'm from? I'm from Edmonton. Hello all you fellow crazy Canucks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X