Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!


we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.


we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.


We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Music Connects Us

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by KittyCoCo View Post
    What beautiful songs. My favorite for Christmas is "Mary Did You Know"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCWN5pJGIE
    Absolutely beautiful, KittyCoCo!

    Perfect for the season!

    Thank you!
    PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Absolutely beautiful, KittyCoCo!

      Perfect for the season!

      Thank you!
      You are certainly welcome. The Pentatonix have a Christmas album that is wonderful.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by KittyCoCo View Post
        What beautiful songs. My favorite for Christmas is "Mary Did You Know"

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCWN5pJGIE
        Thanks KittyCoCo!

        I also love this one for Christmas by Pentatonix -
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          I also love this one for Christmas by Pentatonix -

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc
          Yes!! Love it!!

          Thank you Seasha!
          PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Thanks KittyCoCo!

            I also love this one for Christmas by Pentatonix -
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc
            Thank you so much KittyCoCo and Seasha for those two beautiful Christmas songs!

            If any may enjoy fingerstyle guitar playing O Holy Night, this is for you...

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb75...4C3FDo&index=1

            Merry Christmas!

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Myoak View Post
              Thank you so much KittyCoCo and Seasha for those two beautiful Christmas songs!

              If any may enjoy fingerstyle guitar playing O Holy Night, this is for you...

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb75...4C3FDo&index=1

              Merry Christmas!
              Heavenly! Love the close-up of the fingerstyle - looks like it takes intense focus.

              Merry Christmas Myoak.
              PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

              Comment


                #22
                Satchmo....

                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVOXz4mxOo
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  Satchmo is matchless,thank you, Boudreaux!

                  I can't help but think someone playing guitar like the 16 year-old in the 2016 video below has a place in music, somewhere. I have seen other videos where a close-up of his right hand reveals what appears to be guitar picks glued to each fingernail. You'll see why he needs all of them. The picks enhance the percussion of his rhythmic tapping interspersed throughout.

                  He plays 2 songs in this video so it doesn't have to be seen as long as the 7 and 1/2 minutes indicate.

                  This Polish boy, now 19, may be the best guitarist in the world. I've never seen anyone better, ever.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umm6BBEBSPk

                  Again, Merry Christmas to all... KittyCoCo, KoKo, Seasha, Boudreaux, and everyone!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                    He plays 2 songs in this video so it doesn't have to be seen as long as the 7 and 1/2 minutes indicate.

                    This Polish boy, now 19, may be the best guitarist in the world. I've never seen anyone better, ever.
                    I watched the video, and it was so mesmerizing that it went by fast.

                    Talk about putting your whole body and soul into something- wow!
                    PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                      I watched the video, and it was so mesmerizing that it went by fast.

                      Talk about putting your whole body and soul into something- wow!
                      I believe you hit the nail on the head... "putting your whole body and soul into something"... when that happens, magic is possible and we have a sense of something special, something good, something unique is occurring.

                      Love songs take many forms and many are sung solo but duets can be powerfully moving as Calum Scott and Leona Lewis prove...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByfFurjQDb0

                      Comment


                        #26
                        If you have lost a loved one...

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n67dSG35L4

                        Donna Taggart - Jealous Of The Angels (Official Music Video)

                        Comment


                          #27
                          When someone sends this song as their expression it is the essence of life, the reason we exist...

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxr...&start_radio=1

                          Josh Groban… You Raise Me Up

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Time for togetherness in this pandemic!

                            Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                            When someone sends this song as their expression it is the essence of life, the reason we exist...

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxr...&start_radio=1

                            Josh Groban… You Raise Me Up

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Wow! What a matchless collection of talent. Lionel Richie was superb in putting this together. Never was a huge fan of Cyndi Lauper but she put life and energy into whatever she did, and in my mind she stood out even among these giants as talented and lovable. She thought people were talking as she sung her part but it was her gaggle of jewelry rattling. She makes me smile!

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpReqNFVL-0

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                                When someone sends this song as their expression it is the essence of life, the reason we exist...

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxr...&start_radio=1

                                Josh Groban… You Raise Me Up
                                My daughter allowed me to suggest music when she chose songs for her wedding in 2011. I gave multiple suggestions so that it was easy for her to discard ideas that she didn't care for but still could choose songs that we both liked and that her fiance also liked.

                                One of my suggestions was You Raise Me Up. They had an outdoor wedding. Instead of candle lighting, they had a flame lighting with an outdoor little campfire kind of a thing. You Raise Me Up was played by their string quartet during this time.
                                ~ Faith
                                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                                (now a Mimibug)

                                Symptoms began in JAN02
                                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
                                .

                                - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X