Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!


we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.


we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.


We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Music Connects Us

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Music Connects Us

    This morning a lovely person inspired me to make a post about music by saying,

    "Music is a very good expression of what you are feeling."

    The song below by Willie Nelson - Always on My Mind is what I felt this morning. The song, with his voice, has a settled peace which is appealing in an enchanting, fundamental way.

    I would love to hear other songs meaningful, touching, or expressive of your feelings in any range of emotion you may want to convey, either in your own words or by letting the song speak for itself...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7f189Z0v0Y

    #2
    Myoak .

    Originally posted by Myoak View Post
    This morning a lovely person inspired me to make a post about music by saying,

    "Music is a very good expression of what you are feeling."

    The song below by Willie Nelson - Always on My Mind is what I felt this morning. The song, with his voice, has a settled peace which is appealing in an enchanting, fundamental way.

    I would love to hear other songs meaningful, touching, or expressive of your feelings in any range of emotion you may want to convey, either in your own words or by letting the song speak for itself...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7f189Z0v0Y
    Music does soothe the soul and helps calm the sleepless nights. One of my favorites is by Danny Gokey "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" What a wonderful story he tells that inspires this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHRDCYnFfg

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you, KittyCoCo

      What a powerful story behind such a beautiful song!

      I have a couple more songs to share that are dear to me.

      Is any quality more attractive in human nature than unfeigned humility? Without humility the most attractive are grossly unappealing. Only one quality exceeds it, and that is kindness. And, your own soul is nourished when you are kind. This song is true in every society on earth and is something a loving mother or father in any culture would hope to convey…

      Tim McGraw - Humble And Kind

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzNHuGqoMc

      Alison Krauss is incomparable in this tender love song. The lyrics of this amazing duet are gentle, loving, and true.

      "Lay Down Beside Me" - Alison Krauss with John Waite

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06NmutNGF44

      Comment


        #4
        These beautiful harmonies are are so appealing; this song blesses my soul and I trust it will find its way into yours, also, whatever belief you have in goodness.

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8xiOja_Zd8

        Comment


          #5
          Beautiful and very moving. Thank you Myoak
          God Bless Us All

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            Beautiful and very moving. Thank you Myoak
            You are so very welcome. Music can touch our spirits in deeply moving ways to uplift, encourage, and strengthen. Dana Winner amazes me in this incredible live performance. She touches my heart with this song...

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5RIfTn5WU0

            Comment


              #7
              Nice thread. One of my favorites “Soulshine” by the Allman Brothers Band.

              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pDIQ7Otf1mw
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

              Comment


                #8
                I am loving all these selection! One of my favorites is Eva Cassidy, who died at the young age of 33 from melanoma skin cancer. Her voice is so crystal clear. These are some of my favorites of hers.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNLYeaL7No
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWvPOJOYqGA She sang and recorded this just 10 months before her death.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  Nice thread. One of my favorites “Soulshine” by the Allman Brothers Band.

                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pDIQ7Otf1mw
                  Wow, - soulshine!

                  'Gotta let your soulshine - it's better than sunshine, better than moonshine, and darn sure better than rain!'

                  Never heard that one before - great song!

                  Thanks Boudreaux!
                  PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                    You are so very welcome. Music can touch our spirits in deeply moving ways to uplift, encourage, and strengthen. Dana Winner amazes me in this incredible live performance. She touches my heart with this song...

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5RIfTn5WU0
                    'One Moment in Time' is one of my all time favorites (Whitney Houston)!

                    Dana Winner does it well too!

                    Thanks Myoak!
                    PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                      I am loving all these selection! One of my favorites is Eva Cassidy, who died at the young age of 33 from melanoma skin cancer. Her voice is so crystal clear. These are some of my favorites of hers.

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNLYeaL7No
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWPOJOYqGA She sang and recorded this just 10 months before her death.
                      Thank you Seasha!

                      Eva Cassidy has such a beautiful voice, for calm and peace in the soul!
                      PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
                      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                      Comment


                        #12
                        'Anyway' by Martina McBride - This is one of my all time favorite inspirational songs, and I listen to it when my spirit needs a lift.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLtyzRgmyI

                        Take Care
                        PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
                        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thank you all for those very lovely songs!

                          May I introduce Julia Westlin, who, with her fiancee, David Meshow are producing some of the most compelling acapella arrangements? Julia sings several back up parts which are then blended into one song. It is difficult to believe all the music is coming from just her voice and with small parts by David. So, for a Christmas eve gift...

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUcrto2H3zE

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                            Thank you all for those very lovely songs!

                            May I introduce Julia Westlin, who, with her fiancee, David Meshow are producing some of the most compelling acapella arrangements? Julia sings several back up parts which are then blended into one song. It is difficult to believe all the music is coming from just her voice and with small parts by David. So, for a Christmas eve gift...

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUcrto2H3zE
                            Magnificent!!

                            Thank you Myoak!
                            PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
                            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                            Comment


                              #15
                              kittycoco

                              What beautiful songs. My favorite for Christmas is "Mary Did You Know"

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCWN5pJGIE

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X