Amy Schumer in movie "Trainwreck" - MS activist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amy Schumer in movie "Trainwreck" - MS activist

Has anyone seen "Trainwreck"?? Amy Schumer wrote and stars in this comedy movie in which she recalls her childhood living with a parent (her father) with MS.

"Amy credits her dad for shaping her sense of humor, which has provided her great strength when faced with adversity, which included her parents’ divorce when she was a teen." http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Abo...ctor-and-MS-Ac

Amy and her director helped to raise over $176,000 through the TRAINWRECK Comedy Tour event held in New York City.

Now I want to see this even more!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Thanks. Will have to put that on my list of movies that I want to see.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I saw it!

Good movie, especially if you're okay with raunchy humor. There's a scene at the very end that is really hilarious and cute. That's all I'll say about that! Glad to see female comics getting more publicity and opportunities in writing/directorial roles these days. I had no idea that she did so much for MS. Her dad plays a big part in the movie though they don't go into a ton of detail about his symptoms and the hell he lives daily. I guess you can't really expect that from a comedy. Heh.

Final Verdict: See it!
      "It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
      I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Working...
      X