What are you Watching on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you Watching on Netflix

I love Netflix...in particular the TV Series programming.

Just finished "Orange is the New Black" and " Prison Break". I am gearing up to have a "Marco Polo" Marathon this weekend.

What are you watching on Netflix?
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

I just watched Miami Vice, blast from the past. Before that I watched Dexter which was good. I would rate that PG17, it is adult humor and death and sex scenes.

I'm starting to find another series to watch. Maybe Orange is the new black. Any recommendations?
    Karen

Comment

Yes; also like Orange is the New Black.

Because we don't have cable TV, we like to watch series on Netflix that used to be on cable TV. We really liked Damages, with Glenn Close. I watch Dallas 2012 there, and I've noticed that the new season is on there now.

There are others. Will think about it, and maybe post again later.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Just finished The Killing.

Currently watching House of Cards.

Next up is Orange is the New Black.

Comment

I am completely addicted to The West Wing and I watch the House of Cards.

I watch movies that seem to be interesting and I love watching documentaries on the Ancients.
          Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
          Babe Ruth

Comment

Here are some other series that we watched, or are watching:

Pretty Little Liars
            The Fosters
            Switched at Birth
            House
            Heart of Dixie
            The Carrie Diaries
            Royal Pains
            Psyche
            Glee
            Hawthorne RN
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Karenkay View Post
              I just watched Miami Vice, blast from the past. Before that I watched Dexter which was good. I would rate that PG17, it is adult humor and death and sex scenes.

I'm starting to find another series to watch. Maybe Orange is the new black. Any recommendations?
              If you liked Dexter, which I loved then you might want to watch the following:

Orange is the New Black, Probably Rated R
              Prison Break, PG-13
              Wentworth- Australian Version of Orange is the New Black, but much Darker, Definitely Rated R
              Dollhouse, PG-13
              Lie to Me, PG-13
              Katie

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
                I am completely addicted to The West Wing and I watch the House of Cards.

I watch movies that seem to be interesting and I love watching documentaries on the Ancients.
                If you dont mind Nudity and Sex, The show "The Tudors" about Henry the Eigth was good as well as "The Borgias". Although fiction...lots of historical facts in both.
                Katie

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                  Here are some other series that we watched, or are watching:

Pretty Little Liars
                  The Fosters
                  Switched at Birth
                  House
                  Heart of Dixie
                  The Carrie Diaries
                  Royal Pains
                  Psyche
                  Glee
                  Hawthorne RN
                  I love Switched at Birth...I started it because I have learned some Sign Language, and got hooked.

You might want to check out "Once Upon A Time". Interesting take on all the Fairy Tale Characters...
                  Katie

Comment

Weeds
                    Psych
                    Brookline nine nine
                    Breaking Bad
                    Covert Affairs
                    Chuck
                    Raising Hope
                    Californication
                    Homeland
                    Suits
                    Arrested Development
                    Republic of Doyle
                    Trailer Park Boys
                    Top Gear

These are the series I have completely watched so far. I have started some others that I couldn't get into.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
                      I love Switched at Birth...I started it because I have learned some Sign Language, and got hooked.

You might want to check out "Once Upon A Time". Interesting take on all the Fairy Tale Characters...
                      Yes; I also enjoyed Switched at Birth because my sister used to work as a special ed teacher with students who were deaf or hearing impaired. And, my daughter, currently, works part time, while she is a student, at Univeristy of Manitoba as a computerized note-taker. She transcribes the professors lectures, so that the student can follow it live, and have the notes to take home.

And, it takes place in a suburb in Kansas City, KS, and I am a Kansan.

And, yes! I love Once Upon a Time. We've watched those on TV on Sunday evenings, so I haven't needed to use Netflix for that one. But, I would really recommend starting at the beginning and watching all of the seasons for people who have not.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Dale76 View Post
                        Weeds
                        Psych
                        Brookline nine nine
                        Breaking Bad
                        Covert Affairs
                        Chuck
                        Raising Hope
                        Californication
                        Homeland
                        Suits
                        Arrested Development
                        Republic of Doyle
                        Trailer Park Boys
                        Top Gear

These are the series I have completely watched so far. I have started some others that I couldn't get into.
                        Thanks! I've watched some of them and enjoy them. Others, of those I couldn't get into. But, there are quite a few on that list that I haven't tried yet.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          Thanks! I've watched some of them and enjoy them. Others, of those I couldn't get into. But, there are quite a few on that list that I haven't tried yet.
                          Everyone is a little different, I often have a couple on the go at the same time and it depends on my mood what I'm into. I have some shows and people I follow on Youtube as well.

I do love Netflix's, no ads! A great distraction when my symptoms are getting the better of me.

Comment

Yup. We're all different.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Several of you suggested Prison Break, so we started watching it in June. We were on vacation for a couple of weeks, so we resumed in July after we got back. We've usually varied which series we choose to continue from one time to the next, but, since starting Prison Break, we'd been pretty addicted and just watched that.

Finally, this weekend, we watched the final eleven episodes, all in one day. I've sometimes done a little bit of binge watching, but, never to this extent. I was hooked. The final episode was a total surprise to me.

I've read they are thinking about coming back with a 12-episode 5th season in 2016 and that the actors who played Michael and Lincoln both plan to return.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X