What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you reading now?

I am reading BEACH HOUSE by James Patterson. DH got me hooked on him. Always a great read! Mystery w/a good story line.

Each chapter is told thru the eyes of a different character in the book.
    Never read a book like that. Pretty good so far.

What I am reading now

I am reading "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer.

It is an interesting read. About a 9-year old boy who is trying to find the lock to a key his Dad had - his father died in the World Trade Center tragedy.

So far it is good but doesn't seem to call to me to read it like the books by Roxanne Henke did.eace:
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. --Erma Bombeck

Comment

I am betwixt two books at the moment.

One is non-fiction and written by one of my favorite authors: Frances Mayes' A Year in the World. She is the author of Under the Tuscan Sun.

This travelogue is a year that she and her hubby took and traveled throughout various parts of the world. I love reading her stuff because she excites my senses. I just wish she'd stop talking about all that FOOD though!

The other book is fiction, Javier Sierra's The Secret Supper. It is not quite like the DaVince Code, but it does revolve around Leonardo and suspicion of his heresy portrayed in his famous painting, The Last Supper. It is set back in Leonardo's time and revolves around a religous man trying to solve certain mysteries.

For my fun book I can hardly wait to get my hands on the new Janet Evanovich novel, 12 Sharp, the next one in the Stephanie Plum series.

Happy page turning to everyone. I am so HAPPY to see the Book Nook back.
      Weeble
      Dx RRMS 12/05, RNY Gastric Bypass 12/12, NASH Cirrhosis 12/12, JCV+ 9/13

Copaxone started 12/05, Switched to Rebif 11/07, Tysabri 10/08-9/13, Moved to Tecfidera 12/1/13

Comment

Weeble,

I can't wait either to get the new Stephanie Plum book! I think I'll go check out ebay right now. If I wait for my turn at the library I'll be lucky to get it before Christmas!!!

Danielle
        Danielle
        Dx'd April, 2006
        Started Rebif mid- April 2006

Comment

Originally posted by danielledalton
          Weeble,

I can't wait either to get the new Stephanie Plum book! I think I'll go check out ebay right now. If I wait for my turn at the library I'll be lucky to get it before Christmas!!!

Danielle
          Is it out!!! I love her books!! I have to go look too.

What is it called??? Twelve something right?

Comment

Call me confused

I just looked up Twelve Sharp by Stephanie Plum at our library. But it says it is written by Janet Evanovich? A Stephanie Plum novel by Janet xxx

Is Stephanie Plum a character?
            When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. --Erma Bombeck

Comment

Originally posted by Liz Thompson
              I just looked up Twelve Sharp by Stephanie Plum at our library. But it says it is written by Janet Evanovich? A Stephanie Plum novel by Janet xxx

Is Stephanie Plum a character?
              Yes, Stephanie Plum is a quite a character! It is a series that Janet Evanovich writes and the books come out in July! It is a great series and Stephanie is a private detective who gets herself into a lot of hysterical situations.

You have to start reading them from number one!

Comment

Yes, 12 Sharp is out now. It came out around Father's Day.

Janet Evanovich is the author and her main character in this series is Stephanie Plum. Stephanie is a bond enforcement agent, sometimes, and she lives in New Jersey. She is single and in a love triangle of sorts between Joe, a police officer, and Ranger, another bond enforcement agent who is mysterious and one tough cookie.

Stephanie has quite a family and a crazy grandma, Grandma Mazur, who totes a gun and likes to see funeral viewings. Lulu or is it Lula, also works at the bond ageny, she is a former prostitute, and she accompanies Steph on many of her adventures.

The series starts with number 1, I think it is 1 for the Money or something like that. Many are available now in paperback or may be in the library. There are some hardcovers that contain several of the novels altogether.

It's a fun read and a quick one.

Hope you enjoy,
                Weeble
                Dx RRMS 12/05, RNY Gastric Bypass 12/12, NASH Cirrhosis 12/12, JCV+ 9/13

Copaxone started 12/05, Switched to Rebif 11/07, Tysabri 10/08-9/13, Moved to Tecfidera 12/1/13

Comment

Right now am reading John Grisham's "The Broker". Not as fast-paced as his other books, but then again I can't pass up a JG book

A great book is Neale Donald Walsh's "Conversations With God I, II and III"

Last month I finished reading James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces". A good read, but a little far-fetched. Even if it was a pure memoir, there are some events where you would ask yourself... 'is this stuff really true?' I'll tell you, though, if the book was an actual memoir, the book would carry much more weight after reading it.

Comment

Stephanie. . .

This sounds great! I saw One for the Money and will see if it is her first. I used to read a lot of mystery like Ellery Queen, Robin Cook.

Will let you know what I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Neuro
                      Last month I finished reading James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces". A good read, but a little far-fetched. Even if it was a pure memoir, there are some events where you would ask yourself... 'is this stuff really true?' I'll tell you, though, if the book was an actual memoir, the book would carry much more weight after reading it.
                      ooo, that one was at the center of a huge controversy. I didn't read it but there has been a lot of coverage about how he manipulated/combined/fictionalized and "forrest gumped" a lot of actual events to include himself.

There was a great article about it on The Smoking Gun, a website that exposes dirtbags.

All it did, I'm sure, is boost sales!
                      —Cindy
                      For every day I want to play,
                      I set aside a day to pay.

Comment

This sounds great! I saw One for the Money and will see if it is her first. I used to read a lot of mystery like Ellery Queen, Robin Cook.

Will let you know what I think!
                        Liz

I have some of the books if you want them. I will check and see which ones I still have. If you are interested, I will send them to you. They are hilarious and fast reads!

Also, if anyone else wants any of them, I will list them.

Looks like the only one I have now is Ten Big Ones. I gave them to my MIL, and she will never read them. Too bad!

Originally posted by daisymay
                        I am reading BEACH HOUSE by James Patterson. DH got me hooked on him. Always a great read! Mystery w/a good story line.

Each chapter is told thru the eyes of a different character in the book.
                        Never read a book like that. Pretty good so far.
                        I read that! It is good! Very different perspective!

Comment

Stephanie
                          246 of 440 and I reserved it two weeks before it came out....
                          Hope everyone takes less than 3 weeks on it..

I have The Husband by Koontz sitting and waiting for me, too bad the library is closed until wed.

Have Tithe out right now, by holly black, Modern faerie tale, not that far into it, but seems interesting, I will have to put aside for The husband,

I hear Koontz has yet another Odd thomas book coming out...

Comment

Thanks!

Cheryl,

I was able to reserve the first one at our library and they have the others, too. So nice of you to offer to send them to me! But it looks like it is easy to get library copies. And hubby picks up books for me - only 1/2 mile from our house! I could use some good laughs. I love to laugh!

Liz

Comment

Cheryl,

I was able to reserve the first one at our library and they have the others, too. So nice of you to offer to send them to me! But it looks like it is easy to get library copies. And hubby picks up books for me - only 1/2 mile from our house! I could use some good laughs. I love to laugh!

Liz
                              Be prepared to laugh! They are hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X