What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet story

If you are a fan of Rebecca Wells who wrote The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood then I would recommend another one by her. It is Crowing Glory of Calla Lily Ponder. Sweet, funny, touching....all the things that make Ms. Wells a good Southern writer and teller of women's stories.

Comment

Couple on the go:

- The Fortune Cookie Chronicles
      - The Fault in Our Stars

Comment

Originally posted by goddessmoon View Post
        If you are a fan of Rebecca Wells who wrote The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood then I would recommend another one by her. It is Crowing Glory of Calla Lily Ponder. Sweet, funny, touching....all the things that make Ms. Wells a good Southern writer and teller of women's stories.
        Should be "Crowning"......one of those spacey moments....

Comment

Reading now

I generally have two or more books in progress at any one time...

Now:
          E.L.Doctorow: The March (novel)
          Robert M. Price and Edwin Suomine: Evolving out of Eden (somewhat of an anti-apologitic certain versions of Christianity)
          RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
          "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

good read

melaniemic, Just finished Patricia Corwell's latest dust. It was worth
            waiting! Halfway through a Sandra Brown.
            Am going to download "inferno" next.
            livelover

Comment

Just finished "W is for Wasted" by Sue Grafton. Now I'm starting "Tough Cookie" by Diane Mott Davidson.

I like mysteries

Comment

I just finished Danielle Steel's newest "Power Play", also "The Scavenger's Daughters" by Kay Bratt, and I just started "Blossom Street Brides" by Debbie Macomber.
                ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

I also enjoyed "Killer Physique" by G.A. McKevett. It's the 19th book in the Savannah Reid mystery series. Wow, I've read those since 1996.
                  ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

29 gifts

Am currently reading 29 gifts by Cami Walker...inspiring because it's written by someone with MS, but also really just inspiring!

Comment

P Çornwell

I will check out Rebecca wells, still wonder what came after Dust
                      livelover

Comment

Lee Child series with Jack Reacher

Comment

I'm reading A Tale For The Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. I'm about halfway through it and it's hard to put down.

Comment

Just started Do You Believe in Magic? by Paul A. Offit, M.D. Pretty good (but sad) so far.

In Do You Believe in Magic?, medical expert Paul A. Offit, M.D., offers a scathing exposé of the alternative medicine industry, revealing how even though some popular therapies are remarkably helpful due to the placebo response, many of them are ineffective, expensive, and even deadly.

Dr. Offit reveals how alternative medicine—an unregulated industry under no legal obligation to prove its claims or admit its risks—can actually be harmful to our health.

Using dramatic real-life stories, Offit separates the sense from the nonsense, showing why any therapy—alternative or traditional—should be scrutinized. He also shows how some nontraditional methods can do a great deal of good, in some cases exceeding therapies offered by conventional practitioners.

An outspoken advocate for science-based health advocacy who is not afraid to take on media celebrities who promote alternative practices, Dr. Offit advises, “There’s no such thing as alternative medicine. There’s only medicine that works and medicine that doesn’t.”

Comment

i prefer audio so I can surf the web or whatever

My 2 favorites right now are Plugged and Screwed. The reader really is Irish so listening to him speak for the Irish character is great!

Comment

Originally posted by daisymay View Post
                                I am reading BEACH HOUSE by James Patterson. DH got me hooked on him. Always a great read! Mystery w/a good story line.

Each chapter is told thru the eyes of a different character in the book.
                                Never read a book like that. Pretty good so far.
                                I absolutely love JP!! I've been reading him for so many years now. There's a few sci-fi ones that don't do it for me but everything else is pretty action packed. His Women's Murder Club and Alex Cross series are so addicting. I hope you are able to read more of his.

Comment

Working...
                                X