What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11th Hour-- James Patterson

I am starting to read Jame's most recent women murder mystery club series book. The last 10 have been excellent.

I love this thread! I enjoy reading and sometimes am at a lost for ideas on new books to read!

Comment

good read

For those of you that are Jodi Picoult fans'...."Lone Wolf" her newest is an exceptional read. Devoured this book in 2 days. Highly recommend it.

Comment

Jane Austen

Has anyone ever read Jane Austen's books? I recently read Persuasion and just now finished Pride and Prejudice. Both are wonderful! Surprisingly funny (or surprising to me anyways), charming, romantic, and just down-right enjoyable.
        Diagnosed December 20, 2011
        Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
        Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
        Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
        Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

Comment

Your Heart's Desire

By Sheri Rose Shepherd. It's excellent so far, and I am enjoying learning more about Husbands and sons. 14 truths that will forever change the way you love and are loved!
          DX RRMS 2007, Started Copaxone 2008, Life is Good!

Comment

this is the first time i have checked the booknook out and i have loved it, i tend to get into a particular author and then when i get to the point i have read all their work and i am waiting for more, its almost like a loss in the family, i get so drawn into the authors world-especially if they write about the same characters in more than one book, like the scarpetta novels.

i like one the the local book stores as when the staff read a book they often write a brief opinion about that book and it is pinned to the display shelf- i like it because its like this thread, a person opinion and recommendation rather than some critic or academic opinion!

i have just recently started reading Robert Ludlum, i have not tried the bourne series, i found the covert one series and i have enjoyed those- almost finished my second one but i should have stuck to the chronilogical order i think= thats would be another reason to get myself a kindle, it would be easier to stick to the order a series was published rather than what is in the store at present

until i read one of the threads in the booknook i did not realize there was a library for ebooks too! that is something else to check out thanks to you guys

does anyone else feel like books are comforting friends??

Comment

The Help

For the 2nd time.
              Saw the movie too.
              techie
              Another pirated saying:
              Half of life is if.
              When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
              Dogs Rule!

Comment

LostCupcakes, I've been a Jane Austen fan for quite a while. I've probably read all her books, some of them more than once, though not recently enough to say anything much about them.

Have you seen any of the movie or televised versions of her novels?
                MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Recently got a tablet (similar to a Kindle). I've found some lists of free Kindle books, but, they seem to be mostly the classics, and I prefer reading more current stuff, usually. I don't mind paying a couple of bucks for a Kindle book, but, I don't wanna spend the $10 or more that some cost.

Any Kindle suggestions?

~ Faith
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Multiple Strength View Post
                    I am starting to read Jame's most recent women murder mystery club series book. The last 10 have been excellent.

I love this thread! I enjoy reading and sometimes am at a lost for ideas on new books to read!

End of July I finally finished going through the first 10, back to back. Now I have to wait for more money in my entertainment budget to buy 11.
                    Diagnosis: May, 2008
                    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Originally posted by kebsa View Post
                      this is the first time i have checked the booknook out and i have loved it, i tend to get into a particular author and then when i get to the point i have read all their work and i am waiting for more, its almost like a loss in the family, i get so drawn into the authors world-especially if they write about the same characters in more than one book, like the scarpetta novels.

i like one the the local book stores as when the staff read a book they often write a brief opinion about that book and it is pinned to the display shelf- i like it because its like this thread, a person opinion and recommendation rather than some critic or academic opinion!

i have just recently started reading Robert Ludlum, i have not tried the bourne series, i found the covert one series and i have enjoyed those- almost finished my second one but i should have stuck to the chronilogical order i think= thats would be another reason to get myself a kindle, it would be easier to stick to the order a series was published rather than what is in the store at present

until i read one of the threads in the booknook i did not realize there was a library for ebooks too! that is something else to check out thanks to you guys

does anyone else feel like books are comforting friends??
                      I love Scarpetta too and yes, I feel like books help me to escape and are my own little set of friends.. when I finish a book, I tend to miss the characters

If you like Patricia Cornwell you may also like Karin Slaughter, she has surpassed PC as my favorite author

Comment

Karin Slaughter - criminal

I just got the newest Karin Slaughter book "Criminal" I am so stoked.. I am loving it.. all her books just take right off!
                        Anyone else reading this or planning to.. any other K Slaughter fans around here?

Comment

Originally posted by Spydre View Post
                          End of July I finally finished going through the first 10, back to back. Now I have to wait for more money in my entertainment budget to buy 11.
                          Right now, I've started reading the Arcane Society books by Jayne Ann Krentz and all her pen names. I had a couple, both in print or on my Nook, but hubby got me all of them that I could give him the names of. Frankly, I don't know how he got them (probably a torrent) and he told me not to ask. But I can read them. Currently re-reading White Lies, and just finished reading In Too Deep. Somehow I had In Too Deep, just never read it. Now I want to read the series in order, but of course, I won't read In Too Deep when it gets there. Luckily, the series each deals with its own characters, so that reading the prior books isn't a necessity.
                          Diagnosis: May, 2008
                          Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Reading now...

"Religion in Human Evolution" by Robert Bellah
                            "100 Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
                            "Last Crusade - The Epic Voyage of Vasco Da Gama" by Nigel Cliff
                            RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
                            "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

Recently finished:
                              Rebooting My Brain: How a Freak Accident Reframed My Life. It's a true story; I could relate to some of the recovery issues that were faced by the author.

Am now reading: Rachel's Secret: The Riverhaven Years. A fiction book set in an Amish community.

Got both of these e-books free from amazon.com.

~ Faith
                              ~ Faith
                              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Recent and current reads

Just finished this past week:

"The Battle for Christmas" by Stephen Nissenbaum

"Don't Know Much About Mythology" by Kenneth Davis

Just started:

"Good Omens-The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

"My Stroke of Insight" by Jill Bolte Taylor
                                RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
                                "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

Working...
                                X