No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read a whole bunch of books since I posted on this topic last, but here are my favorites:

P. T. Deutermann's The Cat Dancers, Spider Mountain, and Hunting Season are superb thrillers.

Jack Whyte's The Skystone, which I discovered after re-reading Ivanhoe, and I just love this book, first of a series.

Chris Manby's Seven Sunny Days which is light reading, funny, and I thought it was great.

MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

so there was a blackout in my apartment complex today...from 4:15-10:30...not as exciting/fun/romantic as they make it on tv, but what ever is???
      anyway, i read teri garr's autobiography by candlelight. it was a great book and i recommend it to anyone with or without ms! it was a pretty quick read and VERY funny. i love how she finds humor in everything! it was really uplifting, and i think if anyone is feeling down,, reading this book will help improve your mood/outlook.
      All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. They will tell you no, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.

Comment

Dry Ice by Stephen White

All his books have MS in the story lines. If you start reading his books I recommend start with his first one. He has a website. He marries a woman with MS and I think he has about 10 books and each one is a murder mystery of sorts but touches on the illness of his wife quite a bit.

I am still in chapter one of this one and sounds like she is going into an exacerbation, she talks about "brain mud" and he describes my leg pain almost to a T.

I find the entire books, the murders, the neighbors, co-workers always are interesting and a fast read.

Comment

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire

I love the twists on fairy tales, both in this one and Wicked.
          Strength comes in all types of packages, even some you don't expect.

dx'd 2007

Comment

I just finished Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund about Marie Antoinette. I really enjoyed this book - except the ending as we know was very tough to get through. It was written in the first person and felt like she was a friend.

Comment

I just finished Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund about Marie Antoinette. I really enjoyed this book - except the ending as we know was very tough to get through. It was written in the first person and felt like she was a friend. I couldn't put the book down. (I keep forgetting to sign in so that was me above- unregistered).

Comment

I am currently reading a book titled 23 minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese.

It's a true story about a man who says that he woke up in hell and he shares a very detailed description of the event. I just started the book.

Que
                Dxd' June 9,2006

Rebif, Wellbutrin, Provigil, Achiphex, Rozerem\/ .

Comment

Im reading LORD i want to be whole. its about emotional healing by a young lady name stormie omartian.very inspiring n uplifting.

Comment

I'm reading ..The Wedding, by Nicholas Sparks
                    I't awesome so far
                    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" ~ John Lennon

Comment

Well, I finished "The Wedding" it was good.
                      I'm now reading "Kate Remembered" by Scott Berg, the story of Katharine Hepburn. I've always loved and admired her.
                      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" ~ John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by sassy
                        Dry Ice by Stephen White

All his books have MS in the story lines. If you start reading his books I recommend start with his first one. He has a website. He marries a woman with MS and I think he has about 10 books and each one is a murder mystery of sorts but touches on the illness of his wife quite a bit.

I am still in chapter one of this one and sounds like she is going into an exacerbation, she talks about "brain mud" and he describes my leg pain almost to a T.

I find the entire books, the murders, the neighbors, co-workers always are interesting and a fast read.
                        I love Stephen White's series. Did you know that he actually has MS himself? I read it on his website.

I'm reading two great books right now.

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson is a nonfiction that was recommended by my DSIL. It's great. It's about the Chicago's World Fair of 1893 and a serial killer in Chicago there at the same time.

In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson. Parts of it have made me laugh out loud. I recommend this book highly.
                        MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

I just bought a book today called the dying game. I know sounds morbid but im into scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by alyson1
                            I just bought a book today called the dying game. I know sounds morbid but im into scary stuff.
                            Alyson, who is the author? I just love scary books!
                            MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

I recently found a new author, Margaret Maron. I love mystery series and hers are so good. I am finishing the 6th one.

Comment

I just finished with "A Case of Need" ... Michael Crichton

"Dr. Art Lee is jailed for performing an illegal abortion resulting in the death of a prominent physician's daughter. Dr. John Berry, Art's friend, knows Art is innocent and sets out to prove it. He encounters resistance and apathy from most people, but he tenaciously searches for the real abortionist to clear his friend's name."

I previously read "State of Fear" ... Michael Crichton

"Peter Evans is an ordinary young attorney, a junior associate of the law firm representing wealthy philanthropist George Morton, a major donor to environmentalists organizations. Mr. Evans believes all the things that he has been told that he should believe, such as the immediate and catastrophic danger of global warming. As events unfold, Mr. Evans receives a practical as well as scholarly education."

~~~ Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option ~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X