Chicken and Spaghetti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken and Spaghetti

Boil either 3 large leg quarters, or four to five chicken breasts in large pot with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 cup of onion bits. Boil one hour on medium to low heat. Make sure water level stays above level of meat. Dutch oven with lid works very well.
    Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool. Allow broth to continue to slow simmer.
    Add one regular size pkg of spaghetti pasta to boiling broth. Cook til noodles have absorbed most all the broth. Make sure to stir frequently as broth absorbs so as not to scorch the pasta.
    Take chicken off bone if using whole chicken or leg quarters. (leg quarters and chicken breast simplest) Cut chicken breasts in cubes if using breasts. Add meat to pasta. Add 1 family size can of cream of chicken soup, and 1 family size can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 reg can of rotel tomatoes, 1 16 oz pkg of Velveeta cheese (cubed). Stir mixture continually to prevent sticking. Stir til mixture blended together well and remove from heat.
    Fill large casserole dish about 3/4 full of pasta and chicken mixture. May require more than one casserole dish. Top with grated cheese as heavily or as lightly as you desire. Cover casserole with foil. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees and heat about 20 minutes. Remove foil and heat until entire casserole is bubbly.
    If you have extra pasta and chicken mixture left over, can freeze in freezer safe container for later use and quick meal idea.
    This recipe can be made healthier by using chicken breasts, and using low sodium soups and velveeta. I prefer leg quarters due to richness of the meat, and easier debone process. Hope you enjoy the recipe. Please respond if I have left anything out. I will be happy to correct.
Working...
X