Question about PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about PT

I haven't been dx'd yet but I've been in a wheelchair since may. I was in pt when all this started in April. I went from walking to a chair in about a month. Pt didn't seem to help, even water therapy. My body went down hill fast. Not knowing what's going on they ended my pt cause I only get 15 pt visits a year thru insurance and they didn't want to waste any visits.

I started pt again in the past few months, but I never seem to see the same person more than twice. I get booked with whoever even though I have asked to see the same person. I've been in pt before and have always had one person to work with. They get to know me and what's going on with me. I am the type that I will push myself and look to the pt to help me find the line of pushing too much.

The current place isn't doing that. My body doesn't tolerate much before I'm down for days or weeks. My entire body gets exhausted, weak and I have more spasms, tremors, pain. I feel like they don't listen and the last visit was over two weeks ago and I can barely be out of bed without everything getting worse. My neuro said to find a level of what I can do everyday, but my pt doesn't seem to be listening. What's the point of taking two steps forward and 25 back? Wouldn't it be better to do a little at a time and be able to get out of bed the next day?

I'm not at all used to my limitations but being made worse by pt doesn't help either. I want to walk again. I've been thinking about taking a break and doing exercises at home or switching pt places. Keeping in mind I only get 15 visits a year, should I wait till I get dx'd and try again?

My neuro says I have either ms or tm.

Not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

Before you use any more sessions I would ensure that I could have the same therapist for all 15 sessions. Are you limited to the current PT location? If not, I would change to a place that will listen to you and your body. My PT just left 15 minutes ago and I've been with her about 16 months. I cannot imagine having a different PT every session and having to learn all the nuances seems overwhelming.

I hope things work out for you ... PT can be a valuable resource, but it should work for the patient and not their billing department.

Comment

Working...
    X