Massage scrip for muscle cramping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massage scrip for muscle cramping?

Anybody get a scrip for a massage to have insurance coverage for a massage of the backs of the calves- oh so tight?

My neuro's rx for massage only make it tax exempt for me.

I know if you go through a Chiropratic office that offers masage your insurance will be more willing to cover it.

I suppose it depends on your insurance.

I really liked my massage therapist and was willing to spend the big $ because she knew my body and was so helpful.

Almost 4 years ago I got a ITB pump. I haven't needed as many massages since then.

Lately though, I have gone once a month for my upper body.

Always something...

Thank care.

p.s. If you do schedule a massage, pleaes make sue you are very well hydrated before and then continue afterward. Your body will need to flush out the lactic acid that is released from the spasticity.

Comment

Insurance companies vary a lot.

Some physicians may prescribe physical therapy for lower extremity stating various treatments that can incorporate massage.

However, it is important that you stretch daily, ideally morning and night. Stretching not only will help with your range of motion but will also help with the tightness you're experiencing in calves. PT and fitness trainer can teach stretching techniques as well as build up muscle strength in potentially weaker muscles in the area

Heat can help as well - there are a variety of packs, pads and patches that can be used. If using heat, be sure you have good sensation in the area to avoid potential skin irritation and burns
      Be Well,
      Susan

Comment

Myofascial pain in Taiwan

Isolate the muscles that are cramping and need to be worked. You'll get much more out of your massage, if you rub your biceps and triceps instead of just your upper arm in one fell swoop.

Stretch the muscle that is cramping. Doing this will also release endorphins, which will make you feel better all by itself. This will also fill your muscles with oxygen-rich blood for increased healing power.

Rub, squeeze and knead the muscle that is cramping. You may rub and knead your muscle however you like. Focus on whatever feels the best for that particular muscle with that cramp. Swedish massage employs long, flowing strokes with alternating durations and pressures. Shiatsu massage focuses on the use of the thumbs because of the amount of pressure they can apply. Performing the Bowen Technique means you need to make rolling movements over the muscle.

Apply pressure on the tendons surrounding the muscle that's cramping with your thumbs. Finding the trigger points for the cramping muscle and pushing on those spots can help relieve the tension that has been mounting.

Use the muscle that's cramping sparingly during the next several hours. While you may be able to accompany the muscle massage with some gentle therapy and using the muscle lightly, don't overdo it.
        [/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
        X