Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fingers too numb to hold suppository

hi susan,

i was dx'd over 20 yrs ago at age 23. for the last 6 yrs, i've had no use of my left arm or legs. with the help of a lift (that runs on ceiling tracks) in the bathroom, i've managed to shower and dress myself independently. i have an sp cath. with the help of suppositories, i've kept my bowels functioning fairly regularly.

recently, however, my right fingers have grown too numb to use a suppository. as i'm sure you can imagine, this is affecting my life to a huge degree. any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks, and best regards... over the years, i've worked with some really great OTs.

there are handy little gizmos available for just this purpose- if you do a google search for suppository insertor you should find what you need. basically they are are hand grip with an extension tube that holds the supp - they are designed for people with limited hand function and come in either a straight format or a slightly angled design

Comment

I'm not sure why my response from last week isn't posted, I probably got out of the screen too fast

It included information pertaining to Google search for assistive devices that include suppository insertion extension. Because there are several to choose from, and I recommend learning the correct technique for ease and injury prevention, I suggest going to an occupational therapist. They will help you find what best suits your needs.

The suppository insertion devices are long with an extension tube that holds the supp - they are designed for people with limited hand function and come in either a straight format or a slightly angled design
      Be Well,
      Susan

Comment

Working...
      X