BONE LOSS AND GLUTEN SENSITIVITY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BONE LOSS AND GLUTEN SENSITIVITY

I WAS UNDIAGNOSED FOR MANY,20+ YEARS WITH GLUTEN INTOLORANCE.I STARTED HAVING DAILY SKIN HIVES/SWELLING AND SOMETIMES VOMITING.BECAUSE OF THESE SYMPTOMS I WAS ABLE TO PIN POINT GLUTEN PLUS CORN,YEAST,CITRUS,BERRIES AND TOMATOES.

MY QUESTION PLEASE..I HAVE OSTEOPENIA.I AM 50'FEMALE.PETITE BUILD.MS 31 YRS.I ALSO HAVE BONE LOSS HOLDING MY TEETH.UGH!!!I HAVE LOST ONE,ANOTHER ONE ON ITS WAY.

CAN GLUTEN SENSITIVITY EFFECT BONE LOSS BECAUSE OF NOT ABSORBING OTHER VITAMINS CORRECTLY?VERY UPSETTING.I HAVE CHANGED MY DIET 2 YRS AGO AFTER I FIGURED OUT THE"ENEMIES"..THANKYOU FOR ANY INFO..

Yes, Yes and yes.
    Original symptoms of gluten intolerance was "failure to thrive" in children; short stature...from failure to absorb minerals in the small intestines. Vit D? what else?
    This is what I have successfully done for clients with porous jaw bones: rub bio-identical progesterone cream on jaw, inside and out. In ~3 months bone density is enough for dentist to drill for an implant. Its not hard these days to get someone to prescribe bio's. it could very well save the rest of your teeth.
    You also need to explore infections in the teeth. That will rot your jaw bone AND OH YEA Fosomax.
    NutritionTara
    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Tara, wouldn't a blood test for vitamins/minerals show whether one is absorbing properly or not? are you recommending progesterone cream because you suspect the bone loss is menopause (hormonal related) rather than mineral/vitamin?

Thanks
      Ran

Comment

Originally posted by Ranwah View Post
        Tara, wouldn't a blood test for vitamins/minerals show whether one is absorbing properly or not? are you recommending progesterone cream because you suspect the bone loss is menopause (hormonal related) rather than mineral/vitamin?

Thanks
        Ran
        Those blood vitamin tests are not an accurate picture of vit/mineral status in the body.
        The progesterone is to stimulate "new bone" being laid down into the bones. Progesterone stimulates osteoblasts; osteoblasts are responsible for making "new" bone. Osteoclasts remove "old" bone.
        So the bone loss can be two-fold: poor absorption, especially of minerals (gluten) and hormone related declines responsible for bone loss. + all the other things...
        After ~age 35 our production of progesterone starts to decline...the start of bone loss....
        I have 80 year olds on progesterone mainly to "protect" their bones.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
        X