Researching changing my diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Researching changing my diet

I've just started reading "MS Recovery Diet" and have a question that pertains to ANY dietary changes I may make.

The author advises removing one food group at a time, to see what if any changes there are in sx and to know what foods react with your body/sx before moving onto the next food group. Good advice across the board I believe BUT ...

currently my sx are so mild & infrequent (now that I know my triggers) I don't think I would know if the removal of a food group had a positive or negative effect on my body.

Anyone have any ideas how I'll know if the changes I may make are a good thing or not? I'd like to keep my sx at the "mild" level & believe dietary changes are the way to go, but I want to make the correct changes.

Thanks for the ideas!
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

A the cool thing is that most of the stuff in diets are the same stuff, fish, fruits, veggies, tree nuts, olive oil, canola oil, garlic and etc.

I prefer creating my own diet based on what I find beneficial for me and what I understand and agree with the reasoning.
    And the diet your researching does that so what, there things like gluten that can only be known for sure by removal and then adding trial.
    But there are things your really can’t feel, like an increase in HDL or antioxidants.
    I’m a big believer in an mixture of anti-inflammation diet, HDL diet, antioxidants diet, and if you add gluten free diet you kind of have the MS Recovery Diet I think.

Maybe I'm just a control freak, I just like knowing why this food and not that food.

Anyway, others can tell you better about how to know, I just wanted to suggest doing stuff the logic tells you is good and not just what quickly makes you feel better.
    Also research adding spices and the right oils, them can really boost the quality of your diet.
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

NICE TO MEET,TOOMNYHATS,
      I ALSO HAVE THE MS RECOVERY DIET BOOK.IT WAS A GIFT FROM MY DAUGHTER.SO MUCH MAKES SENSE.

I GUESS HAVING SKIN HIVES/SWELLING HELPED ME FIGURE MY,"OFF"FOODS..UGH!!

HONESTLY,FOR ME,A GLUTEN FREE DIET HAS BEEN HUGE IN MY SYMPTOM RELIEF.I ALSO ELIMINATED CORN,I HAD TO.I STICK TO A "NATURAL"NON PROCESSED FOOD LIVING.

THE FOODS THAT HELP ME MAY BE AN,"OFF"FOOD FOR YOU.AN ELIMINATION DIET IS THE WAY TO GO.SOME SYMPTOMS I HAVE DEALT WITH ARE:

MORE BRAIN,FUZZY,FOGGY FEELINGS.
      MORE CLUMSINESS.MORE TIGHT,HEAVY LEGS.
      INTENSE SWEATING 4-5 HOURS AFTER MY BAD FOODS.AND YES,EXTRA INTENSE BODY,BRAIN FATIGUE.

IF YOU CAN EAT RED OR BLACK GRAPES AND DRINK NO SUGAR ADDED GRAPE JUICE,I SWEAR I FEEL BETTER.I ALSO DRINK NO SUGAR ADDED CRANBERRY JUICE.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS,BECAUSE MY DIET IS DIFFERENT,IS I BUY SWEET POTATOE BABY FOOD.I DRINK IT.SO,SO GOOD.

I CAN SHARE MORE ABOUT WHAT I EAT IF YOU WOULD LIKE.I DO SO MUCH BETTER.I WISH YOU WELL ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!!LET US KNOW HOW IT'S GOING..

Comment

Working...
      X