Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tara, is there a down side to drinking carrot juice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tara, is there a down side to drinking carrot juice?

Or should I ask is there a down side to pure organic carrot juice?

It looks good to have a 8oz. class daily, but often there is info I’m missing.

Carrot Juice I think is a good source for antioxidants, not sure.
    Extremely Loaded with vitamin A, and I don’t know if too much of “A” could an issue or not.
    But I do know a 8oz. class has a IF* of 396, make it by far the strongest anti-inflammatory drink I know of.
    Second is tomato juice at 45-IF*.
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

If you drink too much your skin will turn orange but I'm pretty sure it's not harmful. My SIL's doctor just laughed when he saw her and asked if she was drinking a lot of carrot juice. She got a juicer for Xmas.

C

Comment

If your liver function is impaired, drinking too much carrot juice can pose a problem. Vitamin A overload can be harmful to the liver.

I found that out when a friend had liver cancer (metastatic from breast cancer) and was drinking several glasses of fresh carrot juice a day. Her doctor told her to stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Voor View Post
        Or should I ask is there a down side to pure organic carrot juice?

It looks good to have a 8oz. class daily, but often there is info I’m missing.

Carrot Juice I think is a good source for antioxidants, not sure.
        Extremely Loaded with vitamin A, and I don’t know if too much of “A” could an issue or not.
        But I do know a 8oz. class has a IF* of 396, make it by far the strongest anti-inflammatory drink I know of.
        Second is tomato juice at 45-IF*.
        Vitamin A is stored in the liver; and the liver don't like to keep things. However, whole foods also contain all the parts of vitamins: the carotanoids, enzymes, co-factors, etc...
        Here's my dope on juicing: juice what you would consume in a day. Would you eat 8 whole carrots? or 6 apples? If you juice 8 carrots, that's an awful lot of sugar.
        Juice a variety of vegetables (lots of greens) and a small amount of fruit for some sweetness and a squeeze of lime. yuummm.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
        X