vertigo/dizziness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vertigo/dizziness?

Any suggestions for vitamins/supplements I can take for vertigo/dizziness?
    My neuro offered me an RX but I'd rather not take any more drugs. I have virtually eliminated my bladder issues with magnesium and I'd like to do the same with the out-of-kilter world.
    Thanks!
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Oh the dizziness, I remember it well (probably because it went on for months). Chewing ginger was the only thing that helped me. I tried meclizine and valium.

Also I concentrated on techniques like more points of contact (putting a hand on a wall) when standing.

I hated the dizziness, it held on for too long, now i only get very slight occurences.
    Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

You can web search “vertigo/dizziness diet” and get a lot more info, but here are some basics.

With your pharmacist check your meds for possible side effects of vertigo/dizziness diet.

Drink adequate amounts of fluid daily.

Change diet to reduce caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and sugar & salt including artificial sweeteners.
      Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomnyhats View Post
        Any suggestions for vitamins/supplements I can take for vertigo/dizziness?
        My neuro offered me an RX but I'd rather not take any more drugs. I have virtually eliminated my bladder issues with magnesium and I'd like to do the same with the out-of-kilter world.
        Thanks!
        Can you relate it to any particulars? excluding an ear problem; the kidneys (and adrenals) regulate fluid balance in the body. Easy fix would be fluids with a bit of sea salt. Many people don't get enough nourishing sea salt (and they're dehydrated) which will support adrenal function and assist the kidneys w fluid balance/ homeostasis.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by nutritiontara View Post
          Can you relate it to any particulars? excluding an ear problem; the kidneys (and adrenals) regulate fluid balance in the body. Easy fix would be fluids with a bit of sea salt. Many people don't get enough nourishing sea salt (and they're dehydrated) which will support adrenal function and assist the kidneys w fluid balance/ homeostasis.
          This is a different type of dizziness than when I have inner ear infections so I don't think it is ear-related, but will have my ears checked.

The only RX I take is Beta so I don't believe it is a drug problem.

Dehydration is something I never considered since I drink 2 packets of Emergen-C every day but it is a possibility. I drink quite a bit of brewed iced tea, which is a diuretic. I will try drinking some sea salt water and see if that solves my problem.

As I said, I virtually cured my bladder issues with magnesium so I'm all for trying a natural method before I get any more drugs -- thanks for the suggestions!
          DX 10/2008
          Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I think you've got it w the tea. It is amazing how much water our bodies need.
            I don't know if you're male or female? but I'll give you a little physiology: Males, having higher metabolic capacity sweat more. This equates to less "fluids" diluting what passes through the kidneys. I see more kidney issues with males. This can full-circle back to fluid balance and dizzyness.
            Guys you need to drink more water to dilute your kidneys and you can't complain when your lady asks you to pull over for a bathroom break.
            NutritionTara
            Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by nutritiontara View Post
              I think you've got it w the tea. It is amazing how much water our bodies need.
              I don't know if you're male or female? but I'll give you a little physiology: Males, having higher metabolic capacity sweat more. This equates to less "fluids" diluting what passes through the kidneys. I see more kidney issues with males. This can full-circle back to fluid balance and dizzyness.
              Guys you need to drink more water to dilute your kidneys and you can't complain when your lady asks you to pull over for a bathroom break.
              Tara, I'm going to tell dh you said not to complain!

Between what I now believe are bladder muscle spams & the iced tea, I spend a lot of time in the bathroom -- although increased magnesium has dramatically decreased my trips.

I tend to think I'm not dehydrated despite the tea b/c, as I said, I drink 2 packets of Emergen-C every day. However, I do watch my sodium intake, partially due to dh's health. A little sea salt water every day won't hurt anything!
              DX 10/2008
              Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
              X