Milk Thistle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milk Thistle

Anyone have information on Milk Thistle? I am on Avonex and very concerned about the damage that it can do to the liver. Has anyone had an experience with Milk Thistle? Please tell me all experiences (good or bad).

Thanks!

Re: Milk Thistle

Howzit!
    i've been taking MT for only about 4mos. and i've generally been very happy with it. i received more than a few suggestions that it is a supplement that would benefit me, and i started off with a ''GNC" product. i felt it necessary to counteract the "Rebif" therapy i have also undertaken. i don't really have any long-term experience, so i can't comment on that. i hope this helps. Aloha-christopher

Comment

MT & allergies

MT was recommended to me to help seasonal allergies & it was effective. You just reminded me of it, should take that instead of claritin! I was able to get myself off avonex & have not wanted to start on rebif or another traditional drug, do not like the side effects of avonex, was tired of feeling like I was getting the flu once a week. Had a flare up when stopping the meds, did IVSM & have been fine since. Watching my diet, low cholesterol, more seafood/greens- you are what you eat it seems. Good luck to all of us to be flare up/symptom free!

Comment

I have been taking it for years, Avonex. Not sure if it really does anything positive, but it is strongly recommended and seems to have no negatives. And it is pretty cheap, so why not.
        Bill
        Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

MT is certainly effective in reducing dameg to the liver caused by toxins; medications, environmental exposures....
          I think its very harmless.
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
          X