Supplement Question on Muscle atrophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplement Question on Muscle atrophy

Would you be able to help me find a supplement that will help build muscle in my upper legs? (and other locations). I have been losing weight and also muscle mass. I eat, do stretching exercises and try to keep up with life, however, my muscles keep disappearing. Thank you.
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Originally posted by KATHY SUE View Post
    Would you be able to help me find a supplement that will help build muscle in my upper legs? (and other locations). I have been losing weight and also muscle mass. I eat, do stretching exercises and try to keep up with life, however, my muscles keep disappearing. Thank you.
    Hi Kathy Sue,

I found this article detailing different supplements which can help build muscle mass. I'm not sure how effective these things are. The only one I take is the alpha lipoic acid, and I take it and acetyl L-carnitine for fatigue (and they both work wonderfully well!)

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Muscle atrophy

Thank you for responding. I will read what I can on the subject. I appreciate all (any) help you guys can give me.
      Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

I thought I pasted the article link into my reply. Either I did and it was removed or I had a brain lapse and forgot to paste it in. Hmm. It was probably the latter!

Anyway, just try Googling supplements and muscle mass. You'll find a ton of information on the subject.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Hi Shashi

I thought I pasted the article link into my reply. Either I did and it was removed or I had a brain lapse and forgot to paste it in. Hmm. It was probably the latter!
          Just to let you know, when something is removed from a post by the moderator, a message is usually inserted explaining the reason

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks, Koko. It's just as I feared then, brain fog. I figured as much. I do that all the time these days.

Comment

Shashi

You are definitely not alone - lots of company there

Take care,
              KoKo
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I second the recommendation to learn more about Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA).

Besides supporting cell growth, it helps prevent T-cell migration across the blood brain barrier...just like Tysabri.

Google: "alpha lipoic acid dr. burt berkson" for more information on ALA.

Also, on www.LDNaware.org at the bottom of the "Resources" page, there is a great video presentation on how he uses ALA to treat cancer and autoimmune diseases, including MS. Evidently, he has several hundred MS patients at his clinic.

Comment

Working...
                X