DHA Omega question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHA Omega question

I recently noticed that the organic milk that I buy now has DHA and Omega added to the front label.

In milk? I guess I was thinking I could supplement my diet with gel caps not by drinking milk.

Anyone else noticing this on their milk?

lydialou

Hi Lydialou

Omega 3's are showing up in all sorts of foods.

I've seen it in dairy - cheese, eggs, milk, and yogurt. Also seen in butter substitute spreads, orange juice, and cereals.

There's an interesting article about this hype of adding Omega 3 to foods. The author credits Omega 3 with helping her with chronic inflammation from fractured vertebrae. She owns Sea Based Health Co., so possibly could be a motive for the article. Supposedly, though, she has done much research on Omega 3's.

If you google Omega 3 Microencapsulation - Not In My Orange Juice. you can read it (if you want to)

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks KoKo. I went to the article and skimmed through it, seeing enough to know I will choose the one w/o next time I buy milk. Thank goodness I can get it both ways.

lydialou

Comment

Working...
      X